New to the Belize forum

Hello everyone, my wife and I are Canadian traveling to Belize for the first time in March of 2017 and would like some suggestions on a location to stay in, we are thinking about Ambergris Caye or Placencia but are open to suggestions. We like the beach, ocean views, a beach bar within walking distance for afternoon happy hour and a snack but we are not much for the evening bar scene, we would prefer a laid back atmosphere. Any suggestions on what area to stay in and if possible a place to rent for two weeks in Macrch would be much appreciated.

Spend one week in Placencia and spend one week on ambergris Caye

Good idea, any recommendation on where to stay in both areas with a sea view in a 1 bedroom on the beach with a kitchenette ?

David

Look at Julia's in Placencia on ambergris Caye I don't know about that

The Paradise Resort in Placencia is on the beach and has big rooms with full size kitchens. Easy to get to and close walk to down town has its own dive shop. In san Pedro we like the blue tang again on the beach big rooms full kitchens. At the end of town towards the bridge but walking distance to everything and quiet at night. both these are about mid range price wise, have great helpful staff and never had anything to complain about in either place. The "we" has been from just two of us to a family of six. Both in and out of high season. Forgot to mention free secure parking at the aradise resort and free bike rental. The blue Tang has a couple of golf carts to hire but first come first served. I have no financial connections to either property  :-)

Seaspray in Placencia is another good option. They have some rooms with kitchenettes. Sweet staff and locally owned.