Dealing with homesickness in Panama

Hello everyone,

Being an expat in Panama can turn out to be a wonderful human, social or professional adventure... with potential moments of nostalgia and homesickness along the way.

What are your personal tips to prevent homesickness?

How do you deal with such feelings?

Are there shops or stores offering products from your home country in Panama? Or maybe venues with music and ambiance from your homeland?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

As for me, i do not have a homesickness in Panama. I have my own Company here, friends etc. Just no time to be bored. Try to enjoy your life, try to achieve what you want in this life...

Home sick .............no way. To many things going on here in Panama City and in other parts of the Country to even think of the dog eat dog world in the States. If you are here and can't get involved in things that keep your mind sharp and allow you to understand what a great place Panama is, then you deserve the sickness.

It helps to have a spouse or partner especially if you have lived outside the states before. You can both cultivate social, leisure and domestic lifestyles in different ways.

if you are homesick and looking for things from your home country, rather than getting excited about all the new experiences here, maybe being an expat isn't the best thing? For me, Facetime and internet communication is really important for keeping in touch with family but otherwise, I'm happy to immerse myself in life here.

I love Panama, the people and the lifestyle so I don't get homesick for England... what I do get homesick for is my Family and friends... don't get me wrong, I have made a ton of new and lovely friends, but that does not stop me from missing those people I care about.
I knew it would happen and did as much as possible to prevent it and overcome it, but I cannot deny it!
I guess if I could have just hopped on a plane a couple of times a year or my kids could have afforded to come here more often, life would be perfect ;-)