Apply for permanent residence card through marriage while on visit?

I am traveling to Mexico on a tourist visa (with Iranian Passport). Can I apply for permanent residence card through a marriage with a Mexican citizen while I'm visiting there without leaving Mexico !

See the following site Special Rights of Foreigners who are Family Members of Mexican Citizens:

Thank you Joequinx !!

Shahriar123 wrote:

I am traveling to Mexico on a tourist visa (with Iranian Passport). Can I apply for permanent residence card through a marriage with a Mexican citizen while I'm visiting there without leaving Mexico !

No you can´t apply for a permanent resident visa only for a temporary resident visa and only for 1 to 4 years. 30 days before a 2 year RT [Residente Temporal] [Temporary Resident] visa expires you can then apply for a permanent resident visa. [Residente Permanente]

alleycat1 wrote:
Shahriar123 wrote:

No you can´t apply for a permanent resident visa only for a temporary resident visa and only for 1 to 4 years. 30 days before a 2 year RT [Residente Temporal] [Temporary Resident] visa expires you can then apply for a permanent resident visa. [Residente Permanente]

Read my link regarding marriage to Mexicans.

joaquinx wrote:
alleycat1 wrote:
Shahriar123 wrote:

Read my link regarding marriage to Mexicans.

Link quote:
"Immediate family members of Mexican Citizens (even grandparents of a Mexican grandchild) qualify immediately for Residente Permanente,   and spouses of Mexican citizens qualify with 2 years of Mexican residency.  See Vinculo Familiar rules:...."

Not written clearly!  Should be written that spouses of Mexican citizens qualify for 2 years on a Residente Temporal visa and THEN qualify for a Residente Permanente visa.

This also means they can get a 4 year Residente Temporal vísa, if they want, and apply after 4 years on a Residente Temporal. The point is first 2 years mínimum on a RT visa before they qualifiy for applying for a RP visa,

Thank you for the info.

Thank you for the clarification.