Starting a New Life in Gibraltar

Hi all,

I found this forum on the internet an thought to register to post here my question about Gibraltar.

I'm planning to move there around June/July of this year 2011.

I'm already an employee for a company here in UK and I will continue do my work for them from Gibraltar (working from home).

My first question before moving there is then: how does it work with the taxes?

Currently I get a monthly salary where the taxes are automatically deducted according to the PAYE scheme in UK.

But if I move to live in Gibraltar how these taxes will be calculated? There is anyone who can point me in the right direction to find more information about that?

I've tried to send an email to the Gibraltar Tax Office but haven't got a reply yet (and probably I will never get it).

Any help or information about this topic will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dani

Hi Dani, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will give you info about Taxes in Gibraltar.

I wish you good luck
Christine

If the company you work for is registered in the UK and they don't have an office and bank accounts in Gibraltar, plus you would be working from home, I assume they would still pay you your wages in the UK to your UK bank account, still under UK PAYE, so no change for you!

If they do however have a separate business entity in Gibraltar and you would be employed by them, unless they give you a substantial pay rise you salary will somewhat less after tax, depending on how much you earn.

In Gibraltar income tax is 30%-35% of your income.

Thanks for your reply Glint.
Can I ask you how do you know that is going to work like you said if I live in Gibraltar?
And what if I go to live in Spain just across the border? I read you would be charged on your worldwide income if you live there?

Thanks