Dogs in Buenos Aires

Hi, we are an Australian couple looking to move to Buenos Aires for 1-2 years and have a few questions...
- Are there many apartments/houses available as rentals for tenants with a pet dog?
- Has anyone had any experience living outside of BA, in other cities/towns/rural communities?
- Are there any employers of english tutors who have a good reputation for taking on foreign workers?
- Is life considerably cheaper outside of BA? 
- Are there any areas in BA that you would recommend we steer clear of?
Thanks very much!

if you go outside of the city i would recommend you the north, Olivos, Martinez, San Isidro etc there are beautiful neighborhoods with lots of houses and trees.....avoid the rest of the suburban area

I would like to agree with the choice of living in the North Zone of Buenos Aires Capital. You would likely find more place where you can live with your dog/s without any problem.

With any pet related you can contact me

Hodgie wrote:

Hi, we are an Australian couple looking to move to Buenos Aires for 1-2 years and have a few questions...
- Are there many apartments/houses available as rentals for tenants with a pet dog?
- Has anyone had any experience living outside of BA, in other cities/towns/rural communities?
- Are there any employers of english tutors who have a good reputation for taking on foreign workers?
Thanks very much!

HI!!!!
1-Yes, there are apart/houses available for tenants + dogs
2-yes, at Buenos Aires province.It depends where. Could be a nice or a horrible experience, because of the dangerous.
3-?
4-yes
5-LOBOS- Las Heras
In BSAS city the best is Palermo.
Good luck

Are there many apartments/houses available as rentals for tenants with a pet dog?

Buenos Aires is a city of dogs.. I have never seen so many pet dogs in all my life as I did when I was there. You wont have a problem finding a place that lets you bring a dog - especially if its a small dog. Waytobaway and Porteno stylee are two good  real estate agencies who I can verify will look after your needs.

Has anyone had any experience living outside of BA, in other cities/towns/rural communities?

Rosario is about 3 hours from Buenos Aires and is stunning. Tigre is about 45 minutes on the train from BA and is great too.

- Are there any employers of english tutors who have a good reputation for taking on foreign workers? Do you have a TEFL qualification.. if so pm me and ill help you.

rent is. other than that, not really.

La Boca, Dock Sud, Recoleta is overpriced.. San Telmo is cool but quite touristy..

Palermo is where I would go.

Hope that helps
eamonn

There are plenty of places available here for tenants with pets.

After having lived in Capital Federal for over 3 years, I am now living in the northern suburbs (the Florida barrio of Vicente Lopez) and love it.  I have friends in Mendoza who absolutely love as do other friends in Salta, Tucuman and Bariloche.  Personally I find Rosario and Santa Fe to be flat as a pancake and uninteresting.

Plenty of language institutes take on foreigners to teach English, but I would not recommend working for any of them.  Generally they do not pay competitive wages, do not pay on time as they bill out at the end of the month after you have taught all month (and there is always the reality that a company or individual will refuse to pay the institute which means - yep, you guessed it - you do not get paid).  There are other inherent problems with working for institutes, but I will not bore you with details.  AND NO, you do not need a TEFL certificate to teach as many people claim and trust me, I have lived here nearly 4 years.

Yes, things are considerably cheaper outside BsAs.

I would avoid the touristy areas such as Palermo and Recoleta.  They are a great place to visit briefly, but why come all this way just to hang out with a bunch of tourist in two of the most overpriced parts of town?