Permanent Residency in Malaysia

hi,:)

I would like to inquire if I am qualified or eligible to apply for the Permanent Residency in Malaysia under category five (5) which is through Point Based System. According to the article that I got from your website the Permanent Residency Status in Malaysia is granted to Any Foreign Citizen under the Immigration Act and Regulation 1959/63.
I am currently holding the MALAYSIA IMMIGRATION [Section 2(1), Passport Act 1966] MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA “Immigration Regulation, 1963 “VISIT PASS” (Temporary Employment) [Reg, 11(10)]” on my passport.  Is the sentences to Any Foreign Citizen might be applied to me? Am I eligible or can I apply for the Permanent Resident in Malaysia through point based system? If I am not eligible, do I have any other option if applying for permanent residency in Malaysia on my current passport condition? Please I need your kind as well as best advice and I am looking forward for a promising reply. Thanks and more power to Malaysia and you!
:):)

Welcome to Expat.com hanz79x

Your post has been introduced in a new thread for better visibility; this might then increase your chance in obtaining more responses & reactions.

Regards

you can apply for the malaysia my2nd home programme

Does anyone know about a canadian getting a long term "D" visa?  My family and I want to move abroad but we both will not be working in the country.  My husband works in the middle east.  Any info would be great.

apply for the mm2h visa

I am a Malaysian who have a Thai boyfriend, he worked in Malaysia for 9 years now, Under work-permit.
Can he apply for a PR in Malaysia before get married to a locate?

For my understanding is someone who reside in Malaysia can apply for PR
or
Married to someone from Malaysia in total of reside in Malaysia for 10 years, right?

What about working under work-permit for 9 years in Malaysia.

Cheers with thanks!
Tess

TessEmma.L wrote:

I am a Malaysian who have a Thai boyfriend, he worked in Malaysia for 9 years now, Under work-permit.
Can he apply for a PR in Malaysia before get married to a locate?

For my understanding is someone who reside in Malaysia can apply for PR
or
Married to someone from Malaysia in total of reside in Malaysia for 10 years, right?

What about working under work-permit for 9 years in Malaysia.

Cheers with thanks!
Tess

Hi well before it used be that you had to be on the spouse program for 5-10 years - EPs don't count. So so far you have zero years towards the 10! Butrules have changed in last year so worth checking with immigration

Of course he shouldn't be on an EP that's against the rules as spouses have to give up an EP upon marriage! That is still true

Nemodot thanks! It sound clear to me, thanks for the feedback.
i am sure we go through some time with the law confusing statement.
and complicated process.
someone who aside in malaysia for 5 years before they sent in the application.

Cool... Cheers!! 
Thanks

Can a Malaysia PR buy propoerty below RM500k?

Yes I believe so - PR have same rights as Malaysians regarding setting up companies etc

the only difference in PR and the local citizens is of casting vote and taxation rate unless and untill u get the malaysian passport