Advice on places to live near Avignon for a small family

Hello everyone,

My wife, 4yr old boy and I are considering moving to the Avignon or L'Isle Sur la Sorgue for September 2017. We will be visiting the area in October to do a little research. We would greatly appreciate any advice the forum might provide us.

We are particularly interested in the following:

We do not want to live in the core of Avignon, but in a nearby community (perhaps L'Isle). However, one with good public transport links to Avignon as I will be commuting regularly by TGV to London. Also, somewhere within a 20-30 minutes commute to the train station.

Can you recommend any particular towns that are interesting?

We are also concerned about having a good French public school. If anyone has knowledge or experience with schools for little ones, that would be very appreciated.

Thanks very much!
Tom and Burcu

Well it's 4 years on since you posted so I'm writing in hopes that you found that perfect town near Avignon and can give some advice.  My husband & I are researching the Avignon area.  L'isle sur la Sorgue is too far for us, we're interested in Chateauneuf-de-Gadagne, Les Angles, Chateaurenard.  Would love to hear your thoughts about best areas and anything to avoid too!

Hello, I am new in using the forum, so I am not sure you got my message.
I am the owner of a nice Mas fully furnished with garden and swimming pool 3 bedrooms (nice size bed)  with each have its owns bathrooms, nice size kitchen.
We are located at 12km from Avignon in Tavel which is famous for its rosé wine.
Let me know if you may be interested in this rental. I have no idea if I can send some PDF with pictures via this forum at least you will have a first idea about the property.
We will be there end of the month if you need to plan a visit.
Have a great day
Christine

Hi Christine, Thanks for the information but right now we're just researching the area to see if we would want to move there next year.  Also we'd be buying a house rather than renting.  Best of luck with your rental.