Visitors to our spot of reality in Surabaya.

A little girl in a hijab just showed up at the house to meet her mom, who cleans for us three days a week. This grade three student is a very polite, respectful child. This is due to upbringing, good manners and being a decent person.

As the Bundy bozos and the Klan yahoos have shown, no religion or nation is free of jackasses. No nation or religion should be defined by the extremists who distort belief and scripture for their own purposes.

I have broken bread with atheists, Catholics, Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Wiccans and likely a couple of Jedi. I would gladly break bread with most of them again. With a few of them however, I would not break wind.

An overdue post, and an unexpected smile

It has been a long time since I wrote anything new, at least that wasn't lesson related. I sat down to write but was almost immediately distracted by our cleaning lady's youngest. The little girl is three years old and there is no one home to look after her so she tags along with mom. Her older sister, the grade three student, is still at school.

The littlest one, whose name is unpronounceable, to nobody but me, is happily checking everything out, babbling pleasantly and occasionally popping over to see what the odd old man is doing. To be fair, I don't know if I appear more odd or more old to her, but she seems happy either way.

The long and the short of it is I have no idea what to write so I'll leave you with a short thought. Have a great day and enjoy the smiles that appear unexpectedly.

duplez wrote:

As the Bundy bozos and the Klan yahoos have shown, no religion or nation is free of jackasses. No nation or religion should be defined by the extremists who distort belief and scripture for their own purposes.

How true. Loads of misery in the world, but some idiots just want more.
What twits.

duplez wrote:

I have broken bread with atheists, Catholics, Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Wiccans and likely a couple of Jedi. I would gladly break bread with most of them again. With a few of them however, I would not break wind.

Nice attitude - By the way, you're as subtle as me; are you from Yorkshire?

duplez wrote:

Have a great day and enjoy the smiles that appear unexpectedly.

Ten out of ten and a gold star.

Hi Fred.

I'm originally from Canada.  As I lived in a small northern village of 300 people, it was common for the community to bring in teaching couples to our small school. My teachers during those formative years were British. I have worked with quite a number of people from all over the UK, some of them have been Yorkshiremen and Yorkshirewomen .
Always good to make contact with new people.
Hope all is well.

Regards, Wayne

All is great.
I love Indonesia, I love my life in Indonesia, I love my wife and kids, and I love the smiles Indonesians give so freely.

Thailand is supposed to be the land of smiles, but they're amateurs when compared to Indonesians.

Basically, what more could a dude want?

I agree Fred

Thailand had it's moments, but when I travel it's Indonesia that I'm homesick for.

Regards,Wayne