Regarding internet availability

Me, my father and a partner of ours are currently living in the Puerto Plata area and have a very important issue that needs resolving if possible. The basic internet available here is beyond terrible, its just unlike anything I have experienced yet. Now this wouldnt be a huge issue except for the fact that we NEED normal, reliable internet in order to survive as its how we make our money. The only reason we made this move was because we work off the internet and can theoretically make money from anywhere as long as there is internet, but if the internet can barely open a single web page half the time then we are basically dead in the water as the constant internet problems wastes our time that we should we working and making money. I am calling on all expats who live in the Dominican and utilize the internet for a living to please give the best advice you can for the best internet possible, This may be a 3rd world county but there is no way in hell this is the best internet available. I know that eligibly, Claro and Orange are the only internet providers on the island, but i just know that cannot be the case. We are willing to pay any amount to have reliable and consistent internet speeds as it is the most critical thing for our success and our survival here in this country, and as everybody knows, if you have the money then it can be done. Please let me know what your thoughts and suggestions are.

Claro has some very fast plans that are pretty reliable.Where are you in Puerto Plata?  And Claro and Orange are not the only providers on this island. 

I have a Claro 10 MB down plan that is fast enough for all my work and I have an Orange plan for backup.   So you just may be on the wrong plan!

I agree with planner.  We have a service with De Lancer in Sosua (not in PP) with more than adequate service.

claro and orange also offer some pretty high speed reliable plans.

Bob K

Honestly I'm not sure it's the internet speed....let me explain. For whatever reason, it's like the Internet we have is unable to connect. It always says we have internet and our devices are connected when a lot of times we/they don't. Our speed may be fine when it works, but the connection is very unreliable.....is this a problem you have? If so do you possibly know what may be done? I know you probably aren't an IT person but maybe it's problem you had and have resolved in the past.

Honestly I'm not sure it's the internet speed....let me explain. For whatever reason, it's like the Internet we have is unable to connect. It always says we have internet and our devices are connected when a lot of times we/they don't. Our speed may be fine when it works, but the connection is very unreliable.....is this a problem you have? If so do you possibly know what may be done? I know you probably aren't an IT person but maybe it's problem you had and have resolved in the past.

Never heard of this issue.  You can try calling Frandy 829 587 8190 it will help if you speak Spanish. He is in Puerto Plata.

Mind if I ask who she is?

He is an IT guy who has done some work for me.  He knows a lot and maybe can help you.