Intense French language courses?

Hello,

I have just moved to Mauritius and I'm interested in learning French. I have a bit of knowledge from High School but I really need to start from the basics. I have the hole month of September with a lot of free time and I would be keen on doing an intense course. After that, I would be happy to continue classes around my work schedule.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

PS. I am based around the West Coast

Alliance Française at Bell Vilage Port-Louis. They do have adapted courses for all levels. You can google to have the website.

I know someone in Flic en Flac who can give you lessons.  She is Mauritian but lived in France most of her life where she worked as a teacher.  If you are interested, send me a message and I will give you her details.

Hi Gordon,

hope you are well !

Alliance Française has great references, I think the "Institut Français" also proposes french classes : http://www.institutfrancais.mu/fr/formation

Why not proposing a language exchange in our Mauritius classifieds section ? It is also a great way to learn and practice.

All the best,

Julien

Hi Gordon,

If you are interested in learning french/creole and meeting other expats, please follow this board, I just posted an update - but please keep in mind that the course will start next year, but follow the board for updates. Thanks!

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 49#3348101

Veronica

Thank you everybody for your answers :)

So far I received a call from institutfrancais and they have a course  starting in October lasting 3 months for beginners. Sounds great!

Best,
Gordon

hi
i just happened to see your message for someone in the forum regarding french tutor in mauritius...i would be interested in having his/her details...thanks in anticipation of your reply

Hi there, I give French lessons in Flic en Flac. I am the person mentioned before by Jenny.
Cheers

merci beacoup, mme jkev, je suis en contact avec elle..:)

essar168 wrote:

merci beacoup, mme jkev, je suis en contact avec elle..:)

English only on this section please.
You can find French by clicking the language box at the bottom of this page.

Hi to all,
I will spent 1 month here in Mauritius and I would like to have some French lessons. Is there any teacher available ? I live in the South, but I can move.
Thank you in advance
Luca

Hi Luca,

This is an old topic. You may want to put an ad in the language classes in Mauritius.

Good luck,
Christine