Moving to Hanoï !

Hi, I' m moving with my family to Hanoï end of July !
Could anyone tell me about this subject:

-Do you need a special kind of mobile phone !? is "Iphone" working with the local system...?

-I need to buy a car, do we find in Hanoï western brand or asian brand...?

- we will stay in appartment hotel until we find a house or villa arround West-Lake area, any suggestion about serious rental house dealer in Hanoï..?

I will be delight to meat and discuss local people, in French or English...!
Can provide French course (native French)....!

Best regard

Claude Jacquelin

Hallo Jacquelin,
Here are some info for ur questions.
- You could use your international version of iPhone in Vietnam. They do not ask end users use any special kind of mobile phone.
- You could buy any kind of car in Hanoi, even the most luxury car brands in the world. You'll see some guys with dozens of luxury cars such as Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce Phantom, Porsche Cayenne in Vietnam.
- Whenever you move to Hanoi, then you should care about the housing, it's too soon for u to worry about that.

Thanks a lot ! about the rental company is to give me an idea about the kind of house, price etc.... ! we will seach when arrived !

Okay jacquelin, when you move to Hanoi, tell me whenever you need some help, I'll give you a hand in my abilities.

Hi Claude,

Happy to hear you are moving to Hanoi. I myself live in West Lake district and it is very beautiful. Mobile phones are easy to use in Vietnam, although it requires that you have a phone that uses a SIM card. The SIM card can be purchased ANYWHERE as selling phone numbers is a very popular business here. After you have your new phone number, purchase a prepaid "minutes" card to make phone calls, and that's it! You do not need any contract like in America. Cars here are very expensive because of the import tax, up to 100% of the purchase price, they can also be inconvenient for traveling around the narrow streets. I have a motorbike, but many foreign families who live here purchase cars for safety. There are many great apartments for foreigners to rent, including one I know of called "Oriental Palace" on Tay Ho rd. You can find more classifieds for apartments here:newhanoian.xemzi.com/

Good luck!
Zac Herman
The West Lake Review
westlakereview.blogspot.com/

Zac, can you please tell me what languages besides Vietnamese are spoken commonly in Hanoi. I could not understand a word of Vietnamese. Please enlighten, thanks

Vietnamese is our the main and the only language in the whole country, you need to accept this fact as well as our culture. But you don't have to worry much about communication, almost Vietnamese can understand English, much or little are depend on area and education.

Zac, thank you so much. You have been very helpful indeed, looking at the response in you blog. I will be looking forward for your kind assistance in the very near future as I would like to put up permanently in Hanoi. I really do. Please do keep in touch will you? Regards Jimi

Sorry Jimi, I'm not Zac, I'm Vik and if you would need some help from me in the future, let me know plz.

Vietnamese speaks by vietnamese only. But the present, you can speak english, too without vietnamese. Because, it's popular after Vietnamese. In Hanoi, the areas where there are the people can speak english the most and best is center of Ha Noi like: Hoan Kiem, Ba Dinh, Tay Ho districts and some neighboring. If you don't live in this place, you can choose ( the young people can speak E better middle-aged or old people) or if you are going on the street, if you want to ask some question, you can be chooes the seller, the Receptionist... or the best, you ask them. " can you speak english? " if they can, them will answer you. :D you can depending on the response variables by your mind based on my opinion, it's not too exactly but it can help you when have some difficult in language. :)
Have a good life in Vietnam
Have