Customer care in Oman

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Oman and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Oman?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Oman?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Its really good and worth. .Thanks

Priscilla

I am project manager for restructuring the water and wastewater sector in Oman for the Government. As such, it would be very useful if we also get feedback on the customer services of the water and wastewater suppliers (PAEW and Haya except in Dhofar).

Keith

I have very bad experience as a customer , after purchasing mobile phone from ROUMAAN.COM

I had problem with the phone & it was in warrenty period.

Customer service took one month after series of call , to collect the phone from me for the servicing.

Once he collected the phone then , there is no response , even after calling .

Customer service chat section also doesn't respond.

I made a mistake by buying thro internet facility.

Yup....the customer care services are usually good in most of the places but the only thing u need to get there quite before the closing time. ☺. Of course; some companies do have after sales service esp automotives and electronics....as I know of them only

Before moving to Muscat I had read on  blogs that the customer service was dreadful.  People wouldn't greet you when you entered a store and it was difficult to find anyone to serve you.  I've found the exact opposite.  Generally, I'm greeted when I enter a store (if it's a small store) but if not, who cares?  I've never had a problem finding anyone to help me, often this is because sales people are paid partially on commission.  Like any other country that I have lived in (not a vast number I'll admit) the advice I have received on products has ranged from "generic" to "excellent", but I have never had someone be rude to me or simply ignore my questions.

Hi Priscilla,

I've been wanting to respond to your post ever since I first saw it. But never got around to doing that until now !

9 out of ten times, customer service in Muscat / Oman sucks. And sucks big time.

I can give umpteen examples of unbelievably atrocious and absolutely unacceptable levels of poor customer service.

Perhaps the single most important reason for dishing out such awful customer service has to be plain ignorance. Simple and straight.

Quite frankly, most do not even know what real customer service is. This is primarily due to the lack of exposure and experience in knowing what true customer service really is, and what it looks like.

The next biggest reason for this rather appallingly low levels of customer service is a high level of apathy - a lifeless, bored, uninterested handling of the customer interaction job. Plus the ubiquitous 'I-don't-care' attitude.

Thirdly, Muscat and Oman is quite a passively aggressive racists place, where people hailing from different nationalities are treated differently, purely based on their skin colour.

I have only listed the top 3 reasons for why I feel Muscat / Oman's customer service sucks. I am not interested in getting into any further details on this topic.

And people, kindly note that I will not be responding to any posts countering anything of what I have said.

These are my views and I stand by them.