Customer care in Benin

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Benin and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Benin?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Benin?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

The people are nice but the businesses don't offer them formal training. You cannot get excellent service until business owners invest in training the employees then you can expect change.

Even the prime area pharmaceutical stores were lagging behind. You just stood and watch the slow paced service and saw wow.  Small developing neighborhood like ADECHINA pharmacy was well organized.

Without  any reservations whatsoever, I voiced my complete satisfaction to the security guard. Their staff were cautious, professional and assisted customers. Security greets at the door and opens the main entrance door for you. As you step in there is another security detail who also helped direct customer to the proper section and shows you the payment counter near the exit.

Was at Best Western Hotel Airport. Nice food and Gr8t Buffet. Excellent room service while front desk agents need more training. They hardly smile though they are helpful and which alters their service.

One thing observed, front desk manager barely comes out of her back small room and when she seldom, it seemed the workers only realized it is gonna be a short talk with them. Overall, I never saw the managers smile.

Transportation is a problem and option for cab ride should be made available. Bike ride is good and bad because you are charged what the rider says and a visitor has no clue what's up.

Excellent beaches like the Fidjrosse and Obama I visited and sees improvements happening. Vendors mostly women were cautious, respectful and served well. They wore ID and vendor uniforms making it unique. With the little I was charged for pedicure, I was worried about how she made profit so I tipped her to her surprise.

In general, the people of Benin are content, respectful and willing to go the extra mile to help a visitor. Night life is excellent except many areas play too loud local artist music. Power was constant but roads than the major ones are terribly in above bad shape. To bring the city up to standard, attention must be focused on infrastructures.

Impressed by the barbers saloon but they need to wear Apron on their personal dressing for hygiene reasons. Overall for a developing country is 75% and trust the people are hungry to work should the government find ways to encourage foreign companies to move in and do business in Benin.

Thank you.