Customer care in Angola

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Angola and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Angola?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Angola?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla.
Relating to the customer service in Angola in general it is, most of the times, a bad experience. No manners, the lazy step, the mood... well, angolans, most of them really need trainning in customer service, specially in restaurants and public services.

Hello All,

Yes in general services need to improve, specially basic services.

High unliteracy (38%), lack of professional training and poor salaries ( tourism sector ) do contribute for poor services in Angola. 

If I compare in 1980-1990 (economy of  war higlhy dependent on oil revenue - state provides 70% -80% of basic services and products  )

2003-2013  (post war economy/ Golden years of crude - State provides 65% -70% of basic services and products. Oil provides 90% of foreign revenue)

2013-2016 ( Diversification of the  economy - Agriculture/Fisheries/Minerals/Tourism etc.)

If you walk to super market( todays day) Shoprite/Candando or Kero the service is good/average. Above average Candando is the best.

I listed few restaurants which you can have decent service and enjoy great food. Sometimes language  is a problem,
waiter might not speak french or english and becomes shy (speaks less).

Culture in Angola (some provinces) its desrespectfull to fit your eyes to elderly People for long time . In Europe/USA and South África its the oposite you need to keep eye contact. If you speak to an Angolan and he looks down ( he is Just traying to aknowledge that he respects you)

Hotels, I will elaborarate a list with top 10 hotels in Angola.

Most of the goods sold in Angola are imported, quality is good but stil very espencive. (LUANDA)

Thanks
LP

Dear Priscilla,

Hello. A pleasant day to you and to your colleagues here in expat.com forum.

You know,many people here don't know what a customer service is especially in the Loja.

For me, a customer service is when you make your customers happy and satisfied when they shop and buy in  their store.It is nice to see and hear someone greeted you with a smile and helped you find things that you wanted to buy.

I think, these people working in the selling area especially people in the customer service area (they are also called front liners)must have a basic knowledge to speak other language like basic English.

I hope I share a little and few ideas about customer Service.

my best regards,
Pieces16

very well said sir, i hope they here, concentrate more on customer service policy....as a filipina and always love to go around especially sunday after going to catholic church, I and my friends experience so many unmannered personnel from the store cashiers to the hotel lobbies. I wish sometimes they will smile at us even we are called chinese girl.

Dear Mai,

It Will take  some time before we see considerable change. Angola's Oil dependence created false expectation that the local economy is stable - high revenues.

Big-mid size companies need to invest more in training and skills development programs.

Best regards
Lp Silva