Bringing Pets to Mauritius from South Africa

Hi Candi

Sorry for the delayed reply - had a problem logging onto this site. You can email me on *** and we can take it from there
Regards Viv

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Can anyone give a rough estimate of what this entire episode will cost?

Hi Roxy. A friend of our brought their dogs and it cost them about R25,000 per dog. I'm not sure what this entailed but there are companies that facilitate the process for you.

Hi
Please could you advise what company you used to transport pets and what vet was used to do injections etc

Please
Thank you

Hi we used Global Paws in SA. The blood tests and injections are all done through your local vet

Hi, we are planning to relocate in 2022.  I see most posts here are quite old.  What is the current situation to bring ones cats over to the island?  Although we are in Botswana they would be seen to flying from South Africa.  Any updates or information be much appreciated.  Thank you

@Candi Lock

Gooday

Hope you are all well

Is there a way to get permission to bring a Staffie ?

Our boy is 11 years old

And we just can't leave him behind

your help is highly appreciated

Hello chanteldematos,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

I suggest you check for the options that are available with our partners to relocate your pet to Mauritius.

Kindly fill in the form here > https://www.expat.com/en/travel-with-pe … mauritius/

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@chanteldematos Greetings, wish you a nice trip and welcome you in Mauritius Please click on the link to get some support of how to transport your animals and any further information do not hesitate to contact ushttps://www.facebook.com/groups/pettaximauritiusHave a nice flightCheersJaved

@Megan_Segers i reeally hope youre still around lol I have 2 dogs and a cat as well and i saw your est costs. Can you tell me what size dogs they are/moved from SA to MUR? I have Belgian Malis and they are around 40kg and approx large in size. I suppose size and weight does matter? I am really happy to pay around 50k for all 3, i was doing research and i presumed costs to be around 50k for 1 animal which was NOT feasible for us ... so so glad i came across this thread!!