Absolutely Anything Else

fluffy2560 wrote:

The mechanics probably just didn't want to get involved in complicated mechanical things.  I maintain my old hobby car myself because local mechanics didn't want to fix it - too old, hard to source spares, needs special tools etc.  I actually had to make tools to use on it.  I also have the time to look up stuff, source stuff from different places and I can wait weeks or months for parts to arrive.   Mechanics want a quick turnaround.

Keeps you out of trouble :D and keeps Mrs Fluffy happy  ;)

SimCityAT wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:

The mechanics probably just didn't want to get involved in complicated mechanical things.  I maintain my old hobby car myself because local mechanics didn't want to fix it - too old, hard to source spares, needs special tools etc.  I actually had to make tools to use on it.  I also have the time to look up stuff, source stuff from different places and I can wait weeks or months for parts to arrive.   Mechanics want a quick turnaround.

Keeps you out of trouble :D and keeps Mrs Fluffy happy  ;)

You could be right!  Probably better than gambling, drugs or drinking excessively.  I'm afraid I'm a total nerd about that car.  I could bore the socks off people about it's features.

Mrs F is not showing any annoyance about my latest plan to get another car to renovate for the kids to drive.  I did tell her about it and I think she might have thought it pie in the sky.

I see the UK petrol station issue is now even worse.   I was somewhat bemused to hear tanker drivers saying they had no fuel to go to work.  I wonder if this will spread to Europe.  Not seeing any of that around here but the price of fuel is going up rapidly  - even daily.

Just listened to Radio 4 tell us that recruiting foreign drivers is not what's required as they have nowhere to live in the UK.

Cynic wrote:

Just listened to Radio 4 tell us that recruiting foreign drivers is not what's required as they have nowhere to live in the UK.

They had no problems before they left.

Supply crisis: Competition laws suspended to tackle fuel shortages - as government considers calling up army

Cynic wrote:

As I may have said, I listen to LBC a lot and there are a few Polish/Romanian/Hungarian etc truck drivers phoning in.   So not all of them have gone home.

I can see what's going to develop.  There will be truck driver packages including visa, flights and accommodation.   Government is going to pay out for it as a subsidy (just like they did for the CO2 factory) or they will award contracts for X truck drivers for such and such location and have no oversight on the contracting.  Another expert caller into LBC said the 5000 visas was just nonsense. It needs to be like 75000!  Trying to put out a fire with a thimble.

Boris is of course banking on turkeys being there for Xmas so that's why the visas run until 24 December.  Previous fuel shortages nearly toppled Tony Blair.  Boris doesn't want to be seen as the Grinch. 

I also heard £5000 signing bonus for drivers! I can see that being a useful incentive.

https://scontent.fvie1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/242987621_10159776590434439_629710708335737625_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=mScopjXFaiAAX_mTT5y&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie1-1.fna&oh=c2bb9fd578817373a4f8679373066bc1&oe=617745B5

fluffy2560 wrote:
Cynic wrote:

As I may have said, I listen to LBC a lot and there are a few Polish/Romanian/Hungarian etc truck drivers phoning in.   So not all of them have gone home.

I can see what's going to develop.  There will be truck driver packages including visa, flights and accommodation.   Government is going to pay out for it as a subsidy (just like they did for the CO2 factory) or they will award contracts for X truck drivers for such and such location and have no oversight on the contracting.  Another expert caller into LBC said the 5000 visas was just nonsense. It needs to be like 75000!  Trying to put out a fire with a thimble.

Boris is of course banking on turkeys being there for Xmas so that's why the visas run until 24 December.  Previous fuel shortages nearly toppled Tony Blair.  Boris doesn't want to be seen as the Grinch. 

I also heard £5000 signing bonus for drivers! I can see that being a useful incentive.

I've been speaking to some former colleagues.  It's a grand for a normal HGV, for £5k, you need to have a full suite of driver qualifications, so Class 1 HGV, ADR (all 9 classes) and Driver CPC in date and then sign a 5-year contract.  Trouble is, I don't need £5k, I can earn more than that doing consultancy work if I need it and would probably be viewed as a professional threat by the driver's bosses if an ex Logistics/Supply chain Regulatory manager was suddenly let loose on the car-park and all their short-comings exposed.

We have a hotel locally that became out of sorts when they re-routed the A1(M) a few years ago; since then it has become pretty rundown and seems to exist on extra-marital relationships and successive Government cockups when they need emergency accommodation; it's now full of Afghan refugees.  I can see this rapidly getting out of control.

We had filled up prior to this going stupid and we worked out last night that we will be out of fuel by the end of the week; at which point all my wife's outpatients clinics will be cancelled; what does that mean?  No home visits, wounds won't be cleaned, bandages won't be changed, ECG's and blood tests will cease.  No blood tests = no hospital surgery; the entire healthcare team will be grounded.

Cynic wrote:

We have a hotel locally that became out of sorts when they re-routed the A1(M) a few years ago; since then it has become pretty rundown and seems to exist on extra-marital relationships and successive Government cockups when they need emergency accommodation; it's now full of Afghan refugees.  I can see this rapidly getting out of control.

We had filled up prior to this going stupid and we worked out last night that we will be out of fuel by the end of the week; at which point all my wife's outpatients clinics will be cancelled; what does that mean?  No home visits, wounds won't be cleaned, bandages won't be changed, ECG's and blood tests will cease.  No blood tests = no hospital surgery; the entire healthcare team will be grounded.

Are you sure they are Afghan refugees or former UK forces workers?    We owe them.  But we owe the Hong Kongers as well.  And what about the Burmese?  Historical injustice there too.

The immigration policy has now fallen by the wayside - there's  Trump/Biden selling the Afghans down the river, ill-placed ideology driven labour and supply chain issues and massive NHS queues post-pandemic. 

And Priti (aka pretty damn useless) Patel's border controls are sinking like an ill-prepared channel hopping rubber dinghy.   

It's looking increasing like the lights on  but no-one's in the wheelhouse. 

PMQs might be good for some sparring but I cannot see Kier Starmer coming up with anything innovative to fix problems of today.  He's busy in Brighton thinking of how to label people.

We're not doing any emergency buying of fuel.  I've got three cars temporarily here at the moment and they are all 1/2 full.  I knew I should have  bought an electric car.

UK Parliament is currently in recess for party conferences; they're not back until 18 October, the fact that nobody is clamouring for a recall is further proof if you need it that this whole mess is a distraction and by mid-week, fuel will be flowing again.

Not sure about the Afghan guys status I tend to use that word as that is what I was used to dealing with and in Dutch they tend to get labelled en-masse as asielzoekers, I tend to read the Dutch press for reliable news.

The guys crossing the channel know they can't be stopped - international law doesn't allow them to be returned without at least having their asylum case judged - it's why everybody else just ignores them.  The only thing Patel is doing right is clearing out the convicted criminals who are in the UK illegally (>5,000 last year), but that gets zilch press coverage unless someone gets taken off the plane at the last minute.

Cynic wrote:

UK Parliament is currently in recess for party conferences; they're not back until 18 October, the fact that nobody is clamouring for a recall is further proof if you need it that this whole mess is a distraction and by mid-week, fuel will be flowing again.

Typical political part timers. Crisis, what crisis?  I used to be on call and if the phone went at the weekend or at 4am, I'd have to get up and go and do whatever needed to be done.  I never saw myself as being "off-duty" in the way they do (apparently).   

Cynic wrote:

Not sure about the Afghan guys status I tend to use that word as that is what I was used to dealing with and in Dutch they tend to get labelled en-masse as asielzoekers, I tend to read the Dutch press for reliable news.

It's a bit funny though isn't it?  I mean, plenty of people will be patting the former British Forces Afghan workers on the back  and thanking them for their service while all the time muttering about the other lot being freeloaders.  I don't know how anyone can tell who is whom just by looking at them.

Cynic wrote:

The guys crossing the channel know they can't be stopped - international law doesn't allow them to be returned without at least having their asylum case judged - it's why everybody else just ignores them.  The only thing Patel is doing right is clearing out the convicted criminals who are in the UK illegally (>5,000 last year), but that gets zilch press coverage unless someone gets taken off the plane at the last minute.

If anything the numbers crossing the channel is going up.  It's carnage on the beaches there - French cops just let them go.   

But I've read about the deported types - been in the news.  But HMG doesn't make it easy to comply.   Someone can be in the UK since childhood for themselves and their families but cannot afford the application costs (even if they might have been naughty and get banged up - they could be reformed).  Pricing people out is just such an outrageous obstacle.  On top of that, properly documented immigrants have to pay the NHS surcharge which is like USD 1000 a year but presumably refugees and ex-forces helpers pay nothing.  It's all over the place - they need to make it consistent.

I heard on the radio someone up North was caught filling up a carrier bag with fuel.   WTF is going on?

fluffy2560 wrote:
Cynic wrote:

Typical political part timers. Crisis, what crisis?  I used to be on call and if the phone went at the weekend or at 4am, I'd have to get up and go and do whatever needed to be done.  I never saw myself as being "off-duty" in the way they do (apparently).   

Cynic wrote:

It's a bit funny though isn't it?  I mean, plenty of people will be patting the former British Forces Afghan workers on the back  and thanking them for their service while all the time muttering about the other lot being freeloaders.  I don't know how anyone can tell who is whom just by looking at them.

Cynic wrote:

If anything the numbers crossing the channel is going up.  It's carnage on the beaches there - French cops just let them go.   

But I've read about the deported types - been in the news.  But HMG doesn't make it easy to comply.   Someone can be in the UK since childhood for themselves and their families but cannot afford the application costs (even if they might have been naughty and get banged up - they could be reformed).  Pricing people out is just such an outrageous obstacle.  On top of that, properly documented immigrants have to pay the NHS surcharge which is like USD 1000 a year but presumably refugees and ex-forces helpers pay nothing.  It's all over the place - they need to make it consistent.

I heard on the radio someone up North was caught filling up a carrier bag with fuel.   WTF is going on?

ROFLMAO - the guy with the fuel in carrier bags was in the USA (and it was a woman), was filmed a few years ago; someone led the UK press by the nose, then dumped on them all over Twitter.  You can see the whole thing on YouTube.

You're spot on about costs; it cost my daughter £4k for her husband's visa; although £3k of it was advanced NHS charges.

Cynic wrote:

ROFLMAO - the guy with the fuel in carrier bags was in the USA (and it was a woman), was filmed a few years ago; someone led the UK press by the nose, then dumped on them all over Twitter.  You can see the whole thing on YouTube.

You're spot on about costs; it cost my daughter £4k for her husband's visa; although £3k of it was advanced NHS charges.

Never saw that video before.  That's just nuts.  Couple of days ago I saw a guy here on his mobile phone while filling up.   I don't mind if he blows himself up but he'd have taken everyone else with him including Mrs F and I.   

I'm in touch with someone paying for the NHS surcharge as a student for a one year Master's course up in Scotland.   Talk about hoops they have to jump through.  The odd thing is that post graduation, it will be possible to work in that very narrow field for something like 3 years - visa entitles them to do that. Presumably if they are earning and paying tax etc, they won't have to pay the surcharge any more.  I don't think NHS workers from overseas have to pay it.

Perhaps of interest to some:
https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ … r-amusing/https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ … e-britain/

I actually heard that interview with the Polish truck driver/journalist live.  I cannot disagree with a word he said!  The UK government must be so naive, it stretches credulity they know anything at all.   The fuel shortages have reduced most places except the South East which is not unexpected. 

I had a discussion yesterday with a unemployed and directionless graduate relative who would be an ideal candidate for driving school if a free HGV (Heavy Goods Vehicle) course was on offer.  Wasn't interested even though they could be earning in the region of HUF 2.5M (GBP 6K) gross a month. Not great but perhaps comparable to low experienced professional white collar workers.  Seemed to think that was below their station in life.  Got used to being mollycoddled and subsidised.

Insulate Britain is just ridiculous.   They have avenues to protest and engage  without screwing up people's lives. 

Anyway, UK population and UK government has done it to itself.  And us British people here are collateral damage. People didn't vote for the current nonsense but they did vote for Brexit so they should put up and shut up!

BTW, at my nearby Aldi,  95 octane is 435 HUF a litre now.  At a nearby Shell station, it's something like 485 HUF a litre.  I believe it's in the order of 600 HUF in the UK at the moment - a real price gouging opportunity!

Major news from Poland likely to impact Hungary:

Polish court rules some EU laws clash with country's constitution

Looking like a major showdown is in the offing.   

If EU law does not have primacy, they will have to modify their constitution or legal system or leave the bloc.

It's like not agreeing to be subject to US federal law.  If the State doesn't agree, it has to leave or change its laws and/or constitution or leave.

This kind of ruling could be used here in Hungary to get the country out of the EU.

Being within the EU is not a right. You are welcome to leave.
Be sure to refund all that "illegal" money Europe gave you to join this voluntary group.

Vicces1 wrote:

Being within the EU is not a right. You are welcome to leave.
Be sure to refund all that "illegal" money Europe gave you to join this voluntary group.

I think it's a crisis which the Polish people won't tolerate. 

They might like the PIS party at ground zero but the Poles almost certainly don't want to leave the EU and even the Polish politicians still want their fingers in the EU funds.   I think they (PIS) will cave.

On the other hand, it does however seem to me that this could be a kind of pathfinder action for others like Hungary or the Czech Republic.   We know how OV  rubbishes the EU in the lead up to the election next year.

If it did come to pass there was Polexit, it could have domino effect across the bloc.  Italy is most at risk in the old guard.

It's like Bunfight at the OK Corral.   Someone will have to blink first.

OV has commented on the Polish ruling (as expected):

Poland: Paris, Berlin call on Warsaw to respect EU law as Budapest welcomes 'nuclear' ruling

This will surely amuse some HERE

'Hardly any homes had a telephone & only about two-thirds had electricity…'

SimCityAT wrote:

This will surely amuse some HERE

'Hardly any homes had a telephone & only about two-thirds had electricity…'

I don't know if I'm amused or sad if "leadership" looks like that.  That guy has always been a few sandwiches short of a picnic.  And he's dropped clangers before. But one shouldn't mock the afflicted - that's for Donald Trump's brand of politics.

I am certainly glad I never had contact with any left over munitions from WW2.  I could have passed them on to my family members.   But in some ways I can see his point, I did catch a mild case of speaking German after I went there.  If only Hungarian was as viral.

Hungary fans clash with police during England's World Cup qualifier at Wembley Stadium

Oh dear more trouble......

Yes, saw that.   Apparently there were 1000 HU "supporters" in the ground and kicked off after the England players took the knee.  After HU's match ban, you'd think they'd have learnt. I can see them playing the next 5 games behind closed doors and huge fine.

As for the game itself it seems England has lost some of it's mojo, in particular Kane seemed to be off kilter. I didn't see the game, only read the match reports.

Another subject....

Does anyone know if the word fictional could be a synonym for notional or conceptual in the Russian language?

Ask in the Russian group?

Sorry Pass

SimCityAT wrote:

Sorry Pass

I asked a Russian speaker and they didn't know!  Don't do enough crosswords.

In Hungarian, it looks like it is a synonym.

fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Sorry Pass

I've been out of sorts for awhile.
Have no idea whatt's up with the World Cup or Poland.
Interesting to be doing crossword puzzles in Russian ...
I was blown away on our last trip to Las Vegas, guess it's been nearly 3 years now.
My cousin a former nurse at John Hopkins uni hospital flew in for a few days to hang with my husband and I.
She checked into her hotel off strip, a sort of nice quiet place where your average upper class , low key older person would stay.
Not flashy, no parties going on but very nice.
The hotel was run by a crew  of young Russsian speakers.
My cousin preceded to chat and chek in all in perfect Russian!
What, she is smart but that took the cake.
She learned Russian in college and her grandfather spoke Russian as he was a priest in the Greek Orthodox church.
She was joking and carring on with the clerk at the hotel for a spell.
She also took a few months of Polish before meeting us in Poland.
Some people just have a knack at languages.
Not me, I can't even remember my English grammer these days.
I will have to catch up on the news, still have tons of family living in Poland.

Marilyn Tassy wrote:
fluffy2560 wrote:
SimCityAT wrote:

Sorry Pass

I've been out of sorts for awhile.
Have no idea whatt's up with the World Cup or Poland.
Interesting to be doing crossword puzzles in Russian ...
I was blown away on our last trip to Las Vegas, guess it's been nearly 3 years now.
My cousin a former nurse at John Hopkins uni hospital flew in for a few days to hang with my husband and I.
She checked into her hotel off strip, a sort of nice quiet place where your average upper class , low key older person would stay.
Not flashy, no parties going on but very nice.
The hotel was run by a crew  of young Russsian speakers.
My cousin preceded to chat and chek in all in perfect Russian!
What, she is smart but that took the cake.
She learned Russian in college and her grandfather spoke Russian as he was a priest in the Greek Orthodox church.
She was joking and carring on with the clerk at the hotel for a spell.
She also took a few months of Polish before meeting us in Poland.
Some people just have a knack at languages.
Not me, I can't even remember my English grammer these days.
I will have to catch up on the news, still have tons of family living in Poland.

I've asked a few Hungarian speakers and they are all blank faced.  I can understand people cannot feel the difference.  I'm having trouble with English.

I'm going to ask some German speakers or maybe some Polish people who know Russian next but I'm fizzling out wanting to know.  My  problem is that someone in a document I'm looking at used the phrase fictional but this implies something is not true, where as conceptual or notional has no negative meaning.   I've bounced it back to the non-English speaking authors to rephrase it.

Some people really do have the knack of speaking other languages. I was watching a young American guy speaking Cantonese and capturing the reaction of the locals.   They were very shocked but quite positive.  But then again, some languages are much easier than others - Italian and Spanish are really very similar. Even Romanian is not that bad.  German and Dutch much mutual intelligibility.  And Scandinavian languages quite swappable in many ways. 

Anyway, in other news I am very surprised by these pig kidney transplants.  Quite a story and achievement.  It could have save millions of people by helping them become mutants.

https://scontent.fvie1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/248945695_10160068418444974_5559019272575238857_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=7Dw26-B_INkAX9HrDl0&_nc_oc=AQn3wTEWp0TO5U82ASatpFob39zbBU8vkGql6A0QpsR5WHZc1_ZcHP8m_NRI2SWk16k&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie1-1.fna&oh=73c641337dd2f8b01ba47de2f865a9d1&oe=619E0C8C

SimCityAT wrote:

[img align=C]https://scontent.fvie1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/248945695_10160068418444974_5559019272575238857_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=7Dw26-B_INkAX9HrDl0&_nc_oc=AQn3wTEWp0TO5U82ASatpFob39zbBU8vkGql6A0QpsR5WHZc1_ZcHP8m_NRI2SWk16k&_nc_ht=scontent.fvie1-1.fna&oh=73c641337dd2f8b01ba47de2f865a9d1&oe=619E0C8C[/url]

I suppose they need stimulation to keep awake during those long winter nights.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/249832414_4977506018935026_3034967429153155685_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=AxjO9ruwRuIAX92pMt_&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=e43c9803a469b18e5633b098ebcbbae2&oe=61816DF1

SimCityAT wrote:

[img align=C]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/249832414_4977506018935026_3034967429153155685_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=AxjO9ruwRuIAX92pMt_&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=e43c9803a469b18e5633b098ebcbbae2&oe=61816DF1[/url]

Gives Bad URL error

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please post a free advert in the dedicated Classifieds section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Perhaps also relevant for the survey, I hate beer so my consumption would be zero (I do like vodka and whiskey)

Man 'cuts off both his legs under train' to claim huge insurance payout

The incident took place in Hungary in 2014
A court in Hungary has determined that a man deliberately lay down in front of a train in order to claim a huge insurance payout.

The man, named only as Sandor Cs, lay down in front of the train in 2014 to claim a £2.4m insurance payout.

As a result, he had both of his legs amputated from the knee down.

The 54-year resident of the Hungarian village of Nyircsaszari is claimed to have climbed onto the tracks so a train would run over both of his legs.

He has been wheelchair-bound ever since.

Cs insisted he was innocent and that he ended up on the tracks because he stepped on a shard of glass, causing him to lose his balance and fall in front of a train departing the station.

The court heard that in the year leading up to the incident, Cs took out 14 high-risk life insurance policies. He claimed this was because he had received financial advice telling him he should.

A court has now handed the man a two-year suspended prison sentence and an order to pay £4,725 in legal costs.

The Pest Central District Court made the ruling on November 9 - seven years after Cs. lost his legs.

SimCityAT wrote:

A court in Hungary has determined that a man deliberately lay down in front of a train in order to claim a huge insurance payout.

He shouldn't have tried to win that case.  He didn't have a leg to stand on.

Sorry.

SimCityAT wrote:

The man, named only as Sandor Cs, lay down in front of the train in 2014 to claim a £2.4m insurance payout.

As a result, he had both of his legs amputated from the knee down.

The 54-year resident of the Hungarian village of Nyircsaszari is claimed to have climbed onto the tracks so a train would run over both of his legs.

He has been wheelchair-bound ever since.

Cs insisted he was innocent and that he ended up on the tracks because he stepped on a shard of glass, causing him to lose his balance and fall in front of a train departing the station.

The court heard that in the year leading up to the incident, Cs took out 14 high-risk life insurance policies. He claimed this was because he had received financial advice telling him he should.

A court has now handed the man a two-year suspended prison sentence and an order to pay £4,725 in legal costs.

The Pest Central District Court made the ruling on November 9 - seven years after Cs. lost his legs.

Poor Silly man.
It is so obivous if someone takes out 14 insurance polices and makes a huge claim.
I'm guessing he was maybe low income too so that really is a red flag to insurance companies.
Someone should take pitty on the fool and donate some prostic legs.
Now he has nothing and is crippled on top of it.

We knew a HU guy in Ca who has since passed away.
It was sometime in the early 1980's when he came up with a plan to scam his insurnace co.
He and his group of crimmie friends often pulled fake accidents and robberies with each other and for each other but this time he went alone for the big bucks.
His evil ( stupid) plan was to drive in the dark in a "dark desert highway" as the song goes, and fake a auto break down.
He has a sturdy car and had his seat belt on.
He shut off the lights t his car and had it half way onto the lonely desert highway, waiting to be struck by a car.
To his surprise a semi-truck carrying 26,000lbs of dog food hit him instead of a car.
He got more then he bargined for.
He rolled 5 or 6 times across the dirt.
Was airlifted to a hospital in AZ.
He spent over one year in hospital learning to breath again.
He had rehab and whatever they could offer him.
He had broken his back and was paralyzed from the waist down.
Welfare took care of him and SS until his law suit was finished.
He got something like 2 million USD in which half went to the hospital and his lawyers.
It was just weird, out of nowhere since my HU husband had zero to do with that crimmie crowd somehow the guy got our phone number and gave us his sob story.
All of his good time friends were gone and wanted nothing to do with him.
We being "suckers" felt sorry for him, he lived a short 30 mins away from us and was desperate as he had just being released from the rehab center and was all alone in a gov. paid for apt.
He had contacted the Romanian gov. to allow his sister and her family out of communist Romania to come and care for him.
In the mean time he was on his own excpet for a nurse that would pop over now and again. Found out at least 4 female nurses quit because he was so rude to them.
Well we suckers would take him on push walks with our son to the beach on the weekends.
We didn't see him as being too much of a exrta burden to us since we were just a family taking walks on the boardwalk.
Made us feel useful to help someone out.
Later I had my sister do part-time housework and run errands for him, the gov paid for some outside help and she was between jobs at the time.She soon quit because he was just nasty and fresh with her.
Long story, his family finally came to Ameirca but soon his really nice sister fell ill with cancer and died.
He was so mean to her because he was paying for all of their care and didn't expect she would let him down by getting ill herself.
He even had her kind husband arrested because the guy was at his wits end and tried to strangle the scammer. He was sick of being bossed around by him day and night.
My husband had enough of him and told him to forget our phone number and never contact us again.
Heard he passed after going through an endless list or poor relations coming from Romania to help him out.
Oh a funny thing , one Sunday we looked at the front page of the "People" section on the LA Times newspaper.
Guess who was front page news?
This guy wearing a US flag t-shirt sitting in his chair looking all sad and down trodden.
He had been scammed out of $750,000 dollars by some shady get rich quick scammers.
Karma is a B!
I swear this is a true story, hard to believe though.

I was thinking  "Duh" when I read the following article this morning:

Hungary's Stop Soros law that criminalises helping asylum seekers 'infringes EU law'

It was obvious it was against EU law (to me anyway)

Here we go again with the casting of a section of the community as 2022 election year's enemy with loaded referendum questions:

Hungary's parliament approves 2022 referendum on LGBT issues

Presumably O1G has run out of Soros based material and doesn't care for more slapping down from the EU justice system.

I'm beyond disgusted.
I have a thousand thoughts/emotions swirling around in my brain, but let's face it, most reading this don't need to be convinced, and those who need to be convinced won't open their minds.
If Fidesz retains power, I have to seriously consider moving... the only issue being of course that COVID keeps disrupting my travel and therefore my relocation plans.