Health Care, Doctors, Hospitals

Hi,

My husband and I are considering an opportunity to relocate to Addis Ababa. We have a 3 year old child and may have another on the way at some point.

I would love to hear from other women who have been pregnant and/or delivered a child in Addis. How are the doctors and health care facilities? Most importantly, did you choose to give birth there and if so, do you have any regrets? I am moving from a city with one of the world's best hospitals and health care system (Cleveland Clinic), so I'm a bit spoiled. I'm not expecting the same level of medical care but still hope there is good care out there.

I would appreciate ANY advice from anyone who has dealt with pregnancy, childbirth, and pediatric care in Addis.

THANKS!

I speak as Ethiopian. As much as there are complaints in the Public or private hospitals. Money make difference, and there are those Hospitals, privately owned and that would make you feel at home. I heard this from close relative who made her deliverance. Anyways good luck

hi, I would love to hear any advice about good maternity hospitals too.

Thanks,

Faye.

I am moving to addis in july.  I have. Been told by my employer that medications are not readily available in addis and to bring a years supply from home.  Is thisntrue?

Hi,

It probably depends on what type of medication you need. There are certainly medications available. There is a pharmacy on every street corner and you don't need a prescription to purchase inexpensive medicine. But! There might be a type of medicine that is not easily available if you have a particular condition. What are you looking for?

Good luck, Faye.

hi
those who are looking for antnatal class and midwifery lead care. come to kadisco General hospital. German midwife and Uk Midwife trained midwives Sr Regina and Sr Mariam are available.  0116298902.