How to learn french faster?

Hello all!
I have question, if somebody kindly tell me the tips to faster learning French language. I'm learning by self but I'm stuck in memorizing those grammar rules and pronunciation. I want to communicate with people...
:sosad:  please help!

There are three ways to learn any language, practice, practice and practice.
Try French language TV and French language books, then move on to hunting out native speakers.
You might also post in the French section of the forum, but you must post in French there.

https://www.expat.com/fr/forum/

Hello Phanich :cheers:

You could also Skype with french friends. It may be a good way too :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Simply cross the shy psychological barrier in the wrong pronunciation and venture amused smile from the other.

The easiest is to look for children or the elderly. They will be very happy to help.

phipiemar wrote:

S
The easiest is to look for children or the elderly.

I'd be more than a little careful on that one. I can think of a good few mummies and daddies who would be less than happy if someone walks up to their kid to start a conversation.

Fred wrote:
phipiemar wrote:

S

I'd be more than a little careful on that one. I can think of a good few mummies and daddies who would be less than happy if someone walks up to their kid to start a conversation.

It should get out of the psychosis "Julie and Melissa." Everyone does not necessarily have misplaced ideas ...

Did I say that this young woman had to accosted children in the street?

phipiemar wrote:
Fred wrote:
phipiemar wrote:

It should get out of the psychosis "Julie and Melissa." Everyone does not necessarily have misplaced ideas ...

Did I say that this young woman had to accosted children in the street?

Dutroux might very well be one in a million), but that doesn't make your advice any better.

Let's look at this - You suggested that a woman with darker than European skin look for children in a country where many are less than familiar with likely face types of foreigners from various bits of the world, has a population scared silly by nasty terrorist attacks committed by people with darker than European skin, and has has its share of perverts taking children for sex and killing them ... Hmmmmm, looking for children is very probably a really bad idea.

I'd skip that if I were the OP.

psy·cho·sis
sīˈkōsəs/Submit
noun
a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.

Reality being she's going to end up in trouble if she hunts for kids, or at least have some serious explaining to do.

WOWWWW, is long overdue that I had more met someone with such a feeling on foreigners... We should not confuse the English mentality with the Belgian mentality...

Unlike you, I put a positive postulate that this lady is surely married. Thus, through her husband and her in-laws, there are surely in the entourage of children or the elderly...

While you, you assume that the Belgians are racist and will automatically evil react because person of foreign nationality are asking for their help. Me, as a Belgian, I answer you it will find many people willing to help him. Because there's nothing better than the exchange of culture.

This is easy - Don't approach kids as it could well be taken the wrong way.
The suggestion is extremely bad - end of story.

No secrets, ... only one way to learn a language: and that's practice of course. Talking to people, not being afraid of making mistakes.
Watching the news, movies or radio are things that can help you, but still, you must talk and practice.
Try to listen well to pronunciation, and pay well attention, after: practice for yourself word by word, repeating and repeating :)
And get yourself a contact to talk to :)
Good luck!

Thank you all for your advises. I'll keep them in mind. Thanks to Fred, I'll not approach any kids I don't know; and Phipiemar I'll try to talk when I have opportunity.

Hahaha, no problem. I wish you all the best in your new belgium life.

The other idea is to download tv series/movies on VOSTFR or Version Original  with SubTitles in FRench  and read as you listen/watch. That way it will become more easy and you stay entertained at the same time. I do this with my wife who is Belgian and I am American so we both are able to improve. Her because she listens and if something is complicated then she learns a way of saying something, and if she has problems she asks me, and me as I pick up French in the translations.  A word of caution thought as the subtitles are not always the best, they are always at the very least in the neighborhood and with a little learning you will begin to spot the wrong translations as they manifest...
Last but not least Groupe Alpha does conversation groups. It is a  Walloon thing so not sure if that will help you... If not then search for french conversation groups in the classified section I'm sure there will be a couple or Language sharing....

Hey,

French is really memorization, and it can take some time.

I have noticed that writing the rules over and over again help me remember the grammar rules.  Also, I use Duolingo or Memrise, as these apps remind me to do French exercises everyday.  After doing the exercises, I would write down the new rules or words I learned many times.

I hope this is helpful!  :)

Like Zipper said, watching series is a good help. The series of Inspecteur Maigret are easy to find online and fun to watch. The little Maigret books (detective stories) are the books flemish people typically get at school to improve their French..