Cheated in Hurghada

No of course .... this is not absolutely true .... there are honest men in egypt ..... and there are egyptian men who are married with women from europe for years without any problems ......... but they don't come here to complain ........  who are here , are complaining because they have trouble , But if they would have successful relation , they wouldn't be here :) .... they would have been busy with their life .

honest men are not those who work in tourism and keep running after tourist women everyday to make some money , or to catch them into a relationship ................ honest men are busy with their job and their life .
also , form another point , in every community there are good people and bad people as well ...  men and women ........  dishonesty is not particular to egyptians .......... in europe also , there are men who cheat and abuse their wifes or girlfriends  ( and also women who abuse husbands or boyfriends ) .

Cbag wrote:

I've been to many countries and from my own experience, Egypt has the most dishonest men who can only survive by lying any cheating on vulnerable women who are lonely and sad.  Very sad to see those men who lied under God's name to making a living.

That is a good point Ahmed.  I think the problem is that Hurghada is a real hot spot for many 'bad' Egyptian guys and not a true reflection of Egyptian men in general.
Hurghada does attract a lot of men because of the tourist industry and they see foreigners as easy prey.
It is not just women that are targeted. I know of couples and also men that have been cheated out of money through real estate and in one case the purchase of a luxury boat.
It should also be known that Egyptians also scam each other. My husband's younger brother was scammed over a visa and lost a substantial amount of money.

By the way my husband is a very honest man :)

hurgada ans sharm el-sheikh is hotspot for those who work in tourism :) this is their playground , and they know how to scam forigners ................... but that is for those who work in tourism . ................  for example ; egyptians who go to hurgada for spending a holiday are not the same .

I agree with you that women are not their main target .... scammer will take chance of what come in his hands ... man or a woman :D egyptian of foreigner :D

but from the other point , i see that foreign women are also responsible .......... they know about the culture of egypt , and they can read thousands of articles on internet ....... so , if she use her mind little , she will realize that that the man who ask her for sex , or ask money , or ask Orfi marriage  , is a player or scammer ....... 

Tigerlily3103 wrote:

That is a good point Ahmed.  I think the problem is that Hurghada is a real hot spot for many 'bad' Egyptian guys and not a true reflection of Egyptian men in general.
Hurghada does attract a lot of men because of the tourist industry and they see foreigners as easy prey.
It is not just women that are targeted. I know of couples and also men that have been cheated out of money through real estate and in one case the purchase of a luxury boat.
It should also be known that Egyptians also scam each other. My husband's younger brother was scammed over a visa and lost a substantial amount of money.

By the way my husband is a very honest man :)

Well, there are few  people happily married and posted their successfully love stories but more bad stories than good in the egypt expat section than another countries.
I understand you are defending your country men but there are more liars and cheaters in proportion from your country. Believe me !!!

Cbag wrote:

Well, there are few  people happily married and posted their successfully love stories but more bad stories than good in the egypt expat section than another countries.
I understand you are defending your country men but there are more liars and cheaters in proportion from your country. Believe me !!!

What data do you base your information on? I lived in Egypt for 3 years and saw good and bad.

However, as I said in my previous post the majority of the bad guys are based in Hurghada and Sharm.

People in other places including Cairo are generally very decent and honest

few people happily married & write about their success ; True .... because others don't need to write here about their happy life ..... or maybe busy with something else more useful.

More bad stories , True , because they are in a problem and seek for help .

If you have a problem with a software for your computer like windows  , you will google for solution ... you will find many people complained the same trouble ..........  but stll there are millions who didnt get such problem .......... you will not find them writing that they dont have it :)

anyway , cheater exist everywhere , not just in egypt .......... and cheaters and liars are not only men .... there are women who lie and cheat as well .......... it is not particular to a nation or to a gender ...... it is a trait in some people .

and i don't need to defend egyptian men .......... i just replied to you rationally ........ i am not hired to defend anyone :)  ...... it is true that there are liars and cheaters :D but it is not valid to generalize it to all men here :)

Cbag wrote:

Well said Ahmed!

Thank you very much :)

Tigerlily3103 wrote:

Well said Ahmed!

This is very common in Egypt .  I read everything  I could find about Egypt  before  I went there,  so I was very aware  of  these  things .  With  the  internet  there  is no excuse not to research  your destination  before  hand.   Sorry, you had such horrible  experience .

This has been happening  in Egypt  for many years. I remember  reading  about these things 2009 when I made my first trip there .  This is nothing new. We have the internet , research  before visiting .

I disagree that Egypt has the most and the worst dishonest men . You have to always be aware and watchful of the people and places you choose to go to . This is true for any country . Yes sometimes men and women search out particular people that are able to improve their status . This happens everywhere also. I am sorry you had bad experience in Egypt but please don't blame all Egyptian men for the actions of a few .