Apartment Problems - organization that helps with rent issues?

Our 4th month renting an apartment in District 5 of HCMC. We have a type of "all-inclusive" apartment where we have kitchen utensils, WiFi, house cleaning, air conditioning, etc. all included.

Our air conditioner broke 5 weeks ago and the management is completely giving us the run around. Hope this isn't too much information, but my girlfriend and I sit in our underwear and sweat all day long (we work from home). The apartment claims the AC is not broken because it sounds like it's working. It is not.

What can we do?

Thanks Expat.com community!

Morgan

NYC_Morgan wrote:

Our air conditioner broke 5 weeks ago and the management is completely giving us the run around. Hope this isn't too much information, but my girlfriend and I sit in our underwear and sweat all day long (we work from home). The apartment claims the AC is not broken because it sounds like it's working. It is not.

Apart from this thread needing photos, many AC faults are very simple and cheap to sort out.
The vast majority I've experienced was the gas escaping, leaving it as not much more than a bad fan.
Replacing the gas was cheap and quick so it might be better just to get a dude in to fix it rather than mess around with a duff landlord.

NYC_Morgan wrote:

Apart from this thread needing photos, many AC faults are very simple and cheap to sort out.
The vast majority I've experienced was the gas escaping, leaving it as not much more than a bad fan.
Replacing the gas was cheap and quick so it might be better just to get a dude in to fix it rather than mess around with a duff landlord.

Fred, thanks so much for the speedy reply. I super appreciate it.

I will look into a AC repair person first thing tomorrow.

Morgan

Hey Morgan,

Make sure you and your good lady put your clothes back on before Mr. AC man comes in...you might scare the shit out of him!!!  :top:

Invite management to visit midday whilst the a/c is working, ask them to hang out for an hour or so in the room that is being cooled.

Hi Morgan,

I am not at all surprised with your situation, get out of there and rent another place........I will be in Saigon in September, please feel free to catch up................Des

That actually almost happened lovingit, got dressed just in time  :P

Thanks colinoscapee (?) and hd375c. We got my girlfriend's local Vietnamese family involved. That seemed to work. After five weeks they finally got us a new one. But we are looking to move. Thanks so much everyone, really appreciate it!

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : promoting your services on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Cherry this is not the place for you to be promoting your company, place an advert in the classifieds.

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : promoting your services on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Make sure your next contract clearly states the responsibilities of both the landlord and the tenant (I have had contracts like this in HCMC before). This should help to avoid any frustration in the future. Good luck.