Real estate

I am looking to buy a villa at a reasonable price in Sulaimania area or near. Any one who has good info on this matter, please advise me.
Cheers

There are lots of Villas that are available for sale in Suleimaniah, just drive around the are and you can see the For Sale boards.

Only couple of em and are like 20 years old. one would buy them to demolish and construct a new one.
There are gated villas community available on easy installments but are so far (ishbilia or near exit 10).
I missed an opportunity in Blancya project as by the time I came to know it was already late.....:-(

Oracle, you need to post this in the CLASSIFIEDS (as mentioned by Julien in another of your posts) since this is considered an AD (you want to buy a villa).

Cheers!

Well I dont think asking expats are going to be any hep.. since we cant buy property here in Saudi..

ummm.. Can we?

everything was said, thanks Allie ;)

RedGoblin wrote:

Well I dont think asking expats are going to be any hep.. since we cant buy property here in Saudi..

ummm.. Can we?

yes you can

Hmm.. dint know that.. Last when I was here. all expats can buy were cars.. houses, villas, and such too now is it? hmmm..

Hi all, realy expat can buy flat or villa, if yes, will it be on full 100% ownership and in case of leaving the country what would  be the status of the prop, if we don't want to sell and keep.

google : "why pay rent when you can own a property in RIYADH"; the results may lead you a bit professionally. i would surely try to own an apt after an year maybe. later u may swap it for two smaller properties and start earning rental income.

I own one Villa at Ishibiliya near exit 9. For the past three years I am living comfortably having no issues. If you would like to keep it and don't want to sell it for what so ever the reason, you can still continue by authorizing power of attorney to someone you trust. That's it.

i still think its kinda risky for expats to own a property here... we dont have a green card sot of a thing here.... once our sponsor asks us to go or our id couldnt be renewed for any reason, wat to do then?? we cant even sell it for the right price even as people will be taking advantage of our urgency of leaving

Agree with Shahb Ali,

How much it cost for an expact to buy a 2 bed flat in Khobar or riyadh?

Shahab is spot on...the difficulty is on final exit.

You may endure a loss if you have to sell quickly....is it worth the risk?

The problem with power of attorney is that you cannot come back to Saudi on a visitors visa easily...and who do trust with a power of attorney...

Be aware !!!

My self believe is, don't think too much and enjoy the life with all possible liberty until you are here. Don't own a property in Saudi Arabia forever, own one with the intention to enjoy the ownership as long as you are here and sell it out when you have to leave the country. I purchased through a lease-to-own company and found this option to be far better than renting a villa and paying the same as rent. In three years, I have got an appreciation of SAR 300,000. Even if I have to sell it today, I have nothing to lose; instead, I will get what I have paid during the three years as savings. However, it is depend much upon the Real Estate market conditions. At present it is booming in KSA!