Moving soon to live in HCM Citu

I am living in Australia at the moment but looking to retire within the next few months and make home in Vietnam, I would like to firstly rent for a few months a two or three bedroom apartment and eventually buy my own place

Have you ever lived in Vietnam before??

Have visited on many occasions

Well that's a start but its a lot different living here..hope you have done a lot of research, buying here has an expat is not easy and you will never really own it!

Most rental contracts will tie you up for a year, you maybe lucky but make sure you have a contract both in English and Vietnamese and don't hand over a ridiculous deposit...

Yes I have researched as I have been there 26 times and also have a 4 year old daughter there, also have cousin and friends that live there so always have good advice coming.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : No publicity on forum allowed. Drop adverts in the Housing section please.

If your contract is registered with your ward Cong An, you shall receive the contract in Vietnamese and English. Make sure your landlord is registered to rent to foreigners otherwise you will be asked to leave.

I agree that living here is totally different to visiting.

the contract isn't registered, after sign the contract we will use the contract lease  make temporary registration. Make residence paper is responsibility of the landlord.

Calvin_ wrote:

the contract isn't registered, after sign the contract we will use the contract lease  make temporary registration. Make residence paper is responsibility of the landlord.

That's what I just said. The police still want to see the lease contract to make the house registration.

Yes, i know. i think it's easy.

Yes I want buy apartment

Hi there,

I live in a fully furnished house and have room to rent, I live locally in Saigon like a local not like a silly tourist close to tourist traps, I am from Brisbane, and if you would like to make my acquaintance please feel free to contact me.

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.

i can buy brand new apartment because it's don't have apartment ownership certificate ( normal will be issued after 1 year after you bought apartment), that's easy to buy apartment. If you want to buy old apartment have ownership certificate, it's very difficult because Vietnam law don't have circulars now.