Keeping up with the news in New Zealand

Hello everyone,

Living in New Zealand provides countless occasions to browse local newspapers, listen to local radio stations or watch local TV shows. As everywhere else in the world, local media play a key role in informing the public.

What are the major media in New Zealand? Which one do you use on a regular basis?

How do you keep up with international issues (newspapers, radio, TV, Internet)?

Thank you in advance!

Priscilla

NZ Herald is major print newspaper with good app and digital content. Stuff.co.nz also major digital.  One and Three TV news both have  apps and on demand digital content. To be honest local news is unexciting if you come from a country like South Africa but equally it is great to see normal news not awful news daily. Overseas news is regurgitated and just same as available off any liberal media site. Strangely Australian news and politics is hardly covered although Sky news is UK and Australian.

Hi there,

I am living in Christchurch, I read most of local on-line news, sport, technology and gossip in Stuff.co.nz and NZherald.co.nz, as for the international affair, I read BBC.com on line. Because I am also a Chinese, even though I am already a New Zealand citizen, but  I also read the Chinese news on some Chinese news on line such as sina.com.cn and wenxuecity.com etc.

For very local news I spend some times to access the online community website like neighbourly.co.nz.  That is how I am keeping up with the news in New Zealand and the world.

Regards

Vincent

Hi everyone, I live here in Gisborne, near the East coast, among the best part of the country!

Yes being here away from home we do want to know all the news that's happening and keeping abreast with local as well as International news. I watch news TV1 or TV3 and also International news like CNN and BBC, I am not so much of a newspaper person, I read them online. Also have apps getting news right on my phone, so I am wondering who read newspapers anymore! The irony is that I am a media person, my first job was as an executive at a Newspaper back in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, we got to move with the technology! :-)

- Safura Schroder