Keeping up with the news in Bolivia

Hello everyone,

Living in Bolivia provides countless occasions to browse local newspapers, listen to local radio stations or watch local TV shows. As everywhere else in the world, local media play a key role in informing the public.

What are the major media in Bolivia? Which one do you use on a regular basis?

How do you keep up with international issues (newspapers, radio, TV, Internet)?

Thank you in advance!

Priscilla

Dear Priscilla

During my three years of residence in Bolivia, mainly Santa Cruz, I purchased two Bolivian daily newspapers on a daily basis, El Deber and the daily newspaper of Cochabamba  Los Tiempos, which at the time was readily available in Santa Cruz, I purchased these newspapers to assist my grammar in the Spanish language.

The Bolivian TV channels I recall watching were Activia TV and Unitel. I also recall a daily soap opera from Peru entitled Novela because my Bolivian wife is addicted to the program.

I kept up to-date with international news via CNN (English) several times per day, I have a passion for current affairs. I would also listen to BBC Radio 4 via the Internet, (The Today Program)  to keep abreast of British news.

I hope to  be returning to Bolivia in October 2017 permanently . I am already counting the days.