Swimming in miami possible?

Hello everybody,:D

nice to meet you.
I just registered and hope to get some useful information about Miami.
I probably visit Miami in Febuary 2011. Since I love swimming (have been to Florida, but to the Golf side only), my question: is it possible to swim in Miami, because usually the Atlantic is too rough to really swim. What about the weather in Febuary?

Thank you very much for your help.
germanlady (Cologne):D

Welcome to the forum germanlady ;)

Your discussion has been moved to Miami forum for effective networking.

The temperature in February would normally range from 19 to 25 degree.

Regards

Hi,
Usually in Feb still early time for swim as the sea is a bit cold.

Florida's mild climate extends into the winter months, but there is a chance for cold temperatures – even frost – during the first half of the month in North and Central Florida. The average temperatures in Miami are: High 73°-Low 63° (Fahrenheit) during February. So unless you are use to taking cold swims in the ocean, it will probably be too cold for you. We have also been getting a lot of cold fronts these past few years so you never know what the temperature will really be like during that time. You might get a sunny 73 degree day today and the next day will be sunny but 59 degrees.

Example....

Yesterday was a nice sunny warm day, no need for a sweater around 85 degrees. Today I walked out and thank G-D I took a sweater. It is a bit chilly around low 60's today. =\ go figure...

Miami is a beautiful place. Yes it is possible to swim in Miami. Weather is mild/hot. Most visitors usually go to south beach which in southern part of Miami beach.

hi bawaney and RXD, belated welcome to Expat.com guys ;)

It would be awesome if you post your personal introductions so other members living in your area get to know you better.

bawaney, you could post an intro in the Miami Forum and RXD in the Mexico Forum.

Cheers guys!

;)