Airport transfer from Munich Airport

Hello All,
Just wanted some suggestions to come from the Munich airport to krumbach Schwaben for  3 people as the flight reaches only by 10.00pm in Munich airport. Last train leaves at 7.44pm from the airport.  If taxi...then any recommendations or if any private person who has a mini van Thanks in advance.

Your information that the last train from the airport leaves 7:44pm is WRONG. There are commuter trains to Munich main station almost around the clock - and definitely until after midnight. From there, you can take a regular train to your destination. Check the schedule at www.bahn.de.
Taxis are much too expensive for long distances in Germany. Taking one from Munich airport to the main station alone will cost you EUR120 or more.

Thank you Beppi...yes I will check for the train schedule.

The Munich airport is well connected by S-Bahn so one can go to and from it. The problem with trying to book trains to Krumbach is that it is a small place and not well connected. You are right that there are no trains there in the late evening!  What you realistically need to do if arriving so late, and you don't want to just stay in a hotel in Munich for the night, is to get connections to Günzburg which is 28 Kilometers north of Krumbach and get a taxi from there. There would be a train leaving the Munich Airport at 22:11 change at Munich-Laim and again at Munich Passing and arrive in Günzburg at 0:48. There is another S-Bahn leaving the airport at 22:51, arriving at Munich main station, change there for Günzburg, arriving 0:57. This route saves a change of train and arrives just 9 minutes after the previous connection although leaving later.

After this time it gets difficult and realistically you probably won't get either of these already mentioned connections since it takes time to go through the passport control, then get your baggage,  pass customs and to get to the train, especially if your plane is delayed. There is a later possibility similar to the first route: Airport - Munich-Liam -  Munich-Passing - Ulm - Günzburg. This  leaves the airport at 01:24 arriving  04:56. BUT this late route has an extra stop, going all the way to Ulm and backtracking to Günzburg. Rather than backtracking to Gunzburg one could alternatively just take a taxi from Ulm but the longer route by taxi will cost more. But at such an hour it might be worth it to get to your destination sooner.

Unless you REALLY need to get to Krumbach, I would suggest finding a hotel in Munich for the night and not stress yourself. If you would actually make the train leaving 22:51 it wouldn't be so bad but leaving after 1 am and arriving at nearly 5 am, with multiple changes, and after a long distance flight… sounds pretty tiring to me.

Thank you Tom...do appreciate your suggestions. Let's see...goining and collecting them in Gunsburg sounds pretty good.

Hi silvienne

Its always best to give as much information as possible, like what time of day and what day you wish to travel then it gives people a better picture and understanding so they can give you the right information.

Silvienne: You are right that Quedlinburg is difficult to reach by train.
Better check long-distance buses, e.g. www.flixbus.de

How can I find car rental with driver in Munich.
Chintana

Chintanah wrote:

Chintana

You need to google for chauffeur or limousine services. There are several.
Budget at least €1000 per day (compared to less than €100 for a self-driven car from a normal car rental).

beppi wrote:
Chintanah wrote:

Chintana

You need to google for chauffeur or limousine services. There are several.
Budget at least €1000 per day (compared to less than €100 for a self-driven car from a normal car rental).

Obviously the better choice is to take public transportation which is safe and generally reliable. Otherwise, there are plenty of taxis, which are not cheap but way less than a chauffeur driven car!

Thank you