How to get a job in london ?

Hi guys,
I'm new here. I'm Indonesian, lives in indonesia. I'm looking for the opportunities on working overseas. My location of desire is London, England.

I'm hoping i could get some pointers here on how to get a job in london.

Cheers  :D

Hi Charlie,

Welcome on board  :)

Till members provide you some hints, i suggest you read the following articles :

- Work in London

- Find a job in the UK

Maybe you could tell us a bit more about the opportunities you are looking for, in which field are you willing to work ?

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi Bhavna,

Thanks for the articles. Well my experiences was in the automotive industries for 7 years includes 3 years in mid-senior level. My latest position was Branch manager.

But honestly I was looking for a career changing, you know new environment change - travell the world and get paid, something like that. Idk if my experiences would be come in handy for me to try working in UK or not,  so I think any kind of job would do. As long as its about sales.

hahaha  :D

Anyway thanks again.  ;)

Hi Brother,

I'm Yoga. I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia too.
I also seek for the same chances & possibility. Hope we can get something in this forum.

Cheers

Hi Charlie,

Nice to see Indonesians looking for jobs in the UK. I'm actually living in Bandung at the moment.

It's ironic because so many Indonesians work in Japan with Toyota and Honda and Suzuki. So nice to see you looking elsewhere for a job.

However, I am really not sure that finding a job is too easy in the UK. Currently the UK is still part of the EU and EU laws still favour the employment of Europeans from EU member states rather than non EU member states. Most of the Asians that I know or knew living in the UK were studying and working part time.

However, wish you luck in finding a job in the UK. I guess you are really into football?

Hello Indonesian Brothers,

The Asians we see today in the UK are the second or third generation of immigrants who came here in 60s and 70s when immigration laws allowed all sorts of workers and skills.

All the jobs are being offered to UK national and then EU nationals, there are some categories that fall under "Highly Skilled "  ( list available on the net) where the prospective employers applies for your work permit allowing you to qualify for a residence visa.

To be honest, unless you have a doctorate degree in Nuclear Physics or Brain Surgery, I would not waste my time on this in the UK.

I have seen lots of Asians applying for immigration to Australia and Canada where you will be evaluated on the basis of your education, qualification age and English language proficiency and you may land there as an immigrant and look for a job.  :)

Shortage Occupation List - Gov.uk

riazcdki wrote:

Hello Indonesian Brothers,

The Asians we see today in the UK are the second or third generation of immigrants who came here in 60s and 70s when immigration laws allowed all sorts of workers and skills.

All the jobs are being offered to UK national and then EU nationals, there are some categories that fall under "Highly Skilled "  ( list available on the net) where the prospective employers applies for your work permit allowing you to qualify for a residence visa.

To be honest, unless you have a doctorate degree in Nuclear Physics or Brain Surgery, I would not waste my time on this in the UK.

I have seen lots of Asians applying for immigration to Australia and Canada where you will be evaluated on the basis of your education, qualification age and English language proficiency and you may land there as an immigrant and look for a job.  :)

Hello Riazcdki,

Thank you for very detail information. Anyway I just graduated my master degree majoring in Business Management and work in freight forwarding company.  But I'm not sure if there's any chances for me to enter UK. I will check the shortage skills in UK as you recommend.
I also consider to seek opportunity in Australia. Thank you again brother

Frankly, there's no way you'll get a job legally in the UK. You'd have a greater chance and a higher standard of living in Canada.