Changing employment visa to family visa

Hello to all,

When I cam here in Oman, I was on a tourist visa. My wife is also a nurse here and she has an employment visa also. Then I applied a job and was hired. Then my tourist visa was converted into employment visa.  Then I brought my daughter for a family visa. Then something went wrong with the company and i do not like anymore the environment. I want to resign before everything else will came badly. My questions are:

1. If my company will give NOC, can i resign then cancel my employment visa and convert it into family
    joining visa where my wife is the sponsor?
2. if number 1 question is possible, do I need to exit Oman?
3. If my company will not issue NOC, can I still convert my cancelled employment visa to family joining   
    visa?
Also what will happen to my daughter's family visa which is under my name? What would be the process of changing the sponsor of my daughter's visa instead in my name changing it going to my wife?

Any replies please

Hi Conrad21282,

Your visit visa was converted to an employment visa - without you exiting the country ??? Can you please confirm if what I have mentioned is indeed correct. If yes, then it  is something extremely rare and unusual.

Find my comments against your queries :

1. If my company will give NOC, can i resign then cancel my employment visa and convert it into family joining visa where my wife is the sponsor? - Your wife cannot be your sponsor.  And a husband cannot stay in the Sultanate on his wife's visa status.

2. if number 1 question is possible, do I need to exit Oman? - No. 1 question is not possible. (That is why I asked you my question first, before responding to yours.) Even if it is, you would have to exit and re-enter on another visa, provided you have an NOC from your last employer.

3. If my company will not issue NOC, can I still convert my cancelled employment visa to family joining visa? - Conversion of any visa is not allowed by law. Again, read my opening query !

4. Also what will happen to my daughter's family visa which is under my name? What would be the process of changing the sponsor of my daughter's visa instead in my name changing it going to my wife? - Only the father is granted the privilege of having his children under his employment visa status. A mother is rarely given that right. It is granted purely on a case-to-case basis only, if the mother is a widow, or something of a similar nature.

Thank you so much sir for your reply,

I come to this idea sir because we had a friend from a certain Government Hospital in Seeb, She was given a family joining visa. And now her family is here in Oman including her husband. I just thought maybe Wives are also given the privilege to have family joining visa. Because my wife is also working on a government hospital

Hello...I am working as a teacher in a school in oman for the past 4 years.my visa was renewed after the completion of 2 yrs.my current visa will be expired by march. My kids are in my husband's visa.my query is...if I exit from oman after the completion of my  contract period...am I eligible to join in my husband's family visa.I don't think I will be provided with an noc.plz help me to get the correct details regarding this.

Hello...I am working as a teacher in a school in oman for the past 4 years.my visa was renewed after the completion of 2 yrs.my current visa will be expired by march. My kids are in my husband's visa.my query is...if I exit from oman after the completion of my  contract period...am I eligible to join in my husband's family visa.I don't think I will be provided with an noc.plz help me to get the correct details regarding this.

Hi Shijimole,

The rule states that any expatriate employee who resigns from a job and returns must hold the NOC from the last employer if they wish to return before 2-years from the date of departure. This included the family joining visa as well.

where its written.can u plz forward any link