American schools

I'm in American planning to move to HCMC. I have a 16 year old daughter. I'm looking for a school to put her in that is not Vietnamese. I want her to be with other girls that are Western like her. Can anyone suggest to me where I can find a school for her?

Hi there, I think there are some schools in district 2 or Thao Dien which is for Western. You can look up on google

FYI

Try Saigon South International School in Phu My Hung. They seem to have the best mix of nationalities

It depends on how long you are planning to keep her here. I know people who home school their kid. He would be in HS back in the states. There's always an issue with culture shock and fitting in. How adaptable is your daughter? That's something to think about first.

Yes, there are many Asian people live there and a lot of Western live in Thao Dien, district 2. It means Phu My Hung is for Korean and Asian primarily, Thao Dien (Dist 2) is for Western. That's why I have introduced these school to you

SSIS have a nationality percentage cap which ensures that the school remains International. Otherwise it would be dominated by 2 nationalities just like other so called International Schools.
-Whatever you decide regarding International Schools do not expect to get what you pay for.
-The majority are interested in profit only. Education appears to be a secondary concern.
-Check out the fees charged by the schools in HCMC.
-They are comparable with reputable private schools worldwide yet most have only been in existence for about 15 years.
-

Most so called international schools here are not. The International School of Ho Chi Minh City in District 2, American curriculum, maybe the way to go.