What are the Next Steps, after Getting a Green Card

Hello Dear members.

What are the next steps after Getting a Green Card ?

(First of all, I tried searching the forums for a reply to my questions. But was unable to find any thread in this regard. So i created a new one)

I had applied for a Danish Green Card and, it has been approved. Now i have a few questions, and would warmly appreciate if you could help me with the answers.

1. What is the next step, when I land in Denmark.I was reading regarding registration with the CPR/Civil Authorities ? How much time does that take. Do i need to do anything else apart from that ? Tax card, how do i apply for it ?

2. Where can i find cheap and decent accommodation for 10 - 15 days, whilst i do the CPR registration and search for a job ?

3. I am an Graduate Engineer + MBA working with a Software company in my present location (India/US). Are there any particular regions in Denmark that have more of IT/Software companies .. (e.g Bay Area in US has more software comapnies than the rest of US)..

4. What is the average in HAND (after Tax)Salary one should be getting for a decent lifestyle (not extravagant.). I Do understand that Dane's have working partners and that helps support household. But if i was the only person earning, what should be my expectation.

Thanks in advance. I know the questions are long and some may be redundant. I apologize. I look forward for your esteemed guidance.

Cheers !
Swamii

Welcome on Expat.com Swamii :)

Your questions seem very interesting and I sincerely hope that other members will answer your various queries soon.

Regards :)

Swamii, I would answer your question here, but don't mail me in my inbox. If you have questions, write here - this also applies for anyone in the forum - do not message me.

1. Yes, upon arrival you must register yourself at the local kommune/ municipality office (where you will live). You will get CPR number. With this number you can open bank account, go to doctors and so on.

However, I must remind you that if you must have a fixed address to have a CPR number, and to get an apartment, you must show you that you have a CPR number, it's circle but I'm sure you'd figure that out.

2. That I can't answer.

3. Denmark is in crisis now. Even Danes can't find a job. Before you come here, read this thread:
indiansindenmark.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=67&func=view&catid=1&id=575

I have a feeling that people in that forum may be able to help you more than people in here.

4. That depends. Some students can live with 5000 kr a month, some people can only make do with 10,000 kr. When you have over 20,000 kr then you'd have a cushioned life.

Good luck!