Sports in the Philippines

Hello everyone,

The Olympic Games are now just a few days away and we would like to talk about sports.

What sports are the most popular and/or unusual in the Philippines?

Are sports facilities easily accessible there? Where and how can one find sports clubs in the region?

Are there sports events regularly held in the country?

And you? What is your favourite sport? Which one(s) do you practice in the Philippines?

Thank you in advance,

Priscilla

My favorite sport is basketball :-) how about you?

i do not like to watch sports on tv ,but i used to go horse riding and do jumping competition ,i also was member of a waterpolo team and was member on 2 gun ranges.and did martial arts for many yrs
here i love swimming and snorkeling a lot and am desingning a boat to go fishing,fishing has been a passion sinds the age of 6 ,maibe some think fishing is not a sport but wen one have to battle a 50 (or more) kilo tuna you better be in shape or you will not see the fish hahaha.
sailing is also a passion so once i finnished the go fishing boat i will build a sail boat and spend many hours enjoying the sea and the wind

greets Dirk

A few Days ago. I got up at 3:am to watch Germany play France in Euro 16.
Guess what??
Power Cut!!
Anyway Germany lost, so i didn't miss much.

When I first came to  the Visayas. The small Town where we live had what I considered, a very nice Sports Facility. It had a Swimming Pool, Basketball Court, a large oval Ash Running Track, with a Grass Football field in the middle. Two covered Grandstands, and even a Podium.
I presume it was the Pet Project of some previouse Mayor.

Now!
The Roofs, and Seats from the Grandstands have been stolen. Cows graze on the Football Field. The Running Track is overgrown, and the Swimming Pool is full of dead Frogs.

Progress??

WELCOME TO THE PHILIPPINES...