Visiting Helsinki for Holidays

I am from India. I wish to visit Finland for for holidays.
I might be traveling alone. Is it difficult to get a tourist visa for Finland?

Welcome to the forum sunny155 ;)

I do not think that it is difficult to obtain a tourist visa for Finland; Else, I will suggest you to contact the Finland Embassy in India. Or you can visit the following link to have an idea for Finland tourist visa requirement: http://www.finland.org.in/public/defaul … ture=en-us

Regards :)

Thanks for your reply :)

I have heard that they dont give tourist schengen visas to unmarried young people (i m 26 btw)....

please reply..

I dont think there should be any problem getting a tourist VISA.

You can call the embassy helpline during the designated hours and speak to an officer about it. Be open and tell them you have heard of such a rumor.

Ask them if you need to book return tickets prior to making the application or later. A valid medical insurance for the entire duration of your stay in any schengen country is very essential.

Getting a tourist visa COULD be hard if you're not from EU or the US. There are a few requirements you need to fill to be able to get the visa. myvisapassport.com/Visa-Finland.htm tells you more about what you need (tho I dont know how updated the info is). Basically what it says is:

VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR NON US CITIZENS

Finland Tourist Visa

* Valid passport with atleast 6 months validity remaining
    * Completed visa application (signed in front of a visa officer or notary public) Before sending the form, please check that you have answered ALL questions. Incomplete applications will not be processed!
    * One passport type photo, 2" x 2" with a clear background, not more than 6 months old
    * Notarized copy of the Resident Alien Card (Green Card) OR a valid US visa in the passport. On request, the applicant is required to send/show the original Resident Alien Card.
    * Invitation letter (contact information of the host and visitor, purpose and duration of the visit, confirmation of accomodation including the address, signature and date) or hotel reservation.
    * Proof of your airline reservation to and from Finland, such as an itinerary from a travel agency, or proof of other travel arrangements
    * Proof of sufficient funds (e.g. bank statement)
    * Valid visa for the country of your next destination (after Finland)
    * Valid traveller's insurance, which is valid during the whole stay and in the whole Schengen territory. The insurance must cover costs caused by sudden illness and accidents, including the transport home of the patient up to the amount of USD 50,000 and in case of death the costs for transport home of the deceased OR medical insurance with the same coverage. Coverage must be indicated in letter from insurance company, a copy of the insurance card is not enough
    * For an applicant under 18 years old - not travelling with a parent, a notarized parental authorization form is required
    * ETS order form

If you're unsure, visit the embassy. I'm sure they will tell you everything you need to know :)