Visa process to Bahrain

Hi there,

Currently i am working in Saudi Arabia and i see a potential Job offer in Bahrain in one of the Multinational Bank in BHD 1400 range.  I am from Pakistan. I have to ask few questions which i a m going to list down:

1.  I have read several discussion but i am totally confused. In case of Bahrain, will company send me e-visa first and then i will start my procedure ? This was the case when i came to Saudi Arabia. Company sent me E-visa and then i started my procedure in Pakistan, i am talking about medical, attestation and stuff. Is this the case in Bahrain ? After i read several discussions i came to know that first i will do my medical test from my home country and along with other documents ( i really dont know what are those documents), i will send all these documents to employer in Bahrain and then they will apply for my visa ?
2. if above is the case, what are the documents which i will send to my employer so that they would be able to apply for my visa ?
3. Currently i am in Saudi Arabia. Could i be able to process my visa from Saudi Arabia OR i must go back to Pakistan ?
4. When i was coming to Saudi Arabia i did perform my medical test from one of the GAMCA authorized medical center and i still do have that fitness report with me. I was reading an article in which it was mentioned that if we do have the old report then it is not necessary to perform medical again we just need to give them online medical number. Is that true ?
5. I do have driving licence from Saudi Arabia. Would i be able to convert it in Bahrain driving licence ? I was reading that we need some clearance form from Saudi Traffic Police department ? Actually its kind of difficult to get it from Saudi Arabia bit filthy procedure.  Please someone guide me is it mandatory to get it ?
6. Any other advice you would like to give ?

Someone please explain the Visa process in detail. it would be highly appreciated

Didn't this help?
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=398379

Hi,

Regarding the visa process:
The above mentioned link mentioned by TheLegendLeads should give you most of the info needed, apart from that to know the exact documents needed please contact your potential employer who should be able to help you (as employers may have different document requirements)

Regarding the License:
I dont think you would need any clearance, the below mentioned link should give you info about how to convert your Saudi license to Bahrain one (note: the discussion in the link below is for Dubai license, it will be the same procedure for Saudi one)

Good luck!

T&R

1) Actually no.  You will send them your documents i.e. passport copies, pre-employment medical etc and THEN they will send the evisa.  As far as I know, for Bahrain (based on my experiences on moving from UAE), medical done in any reputable hospital in GCC qualifies and you don't have to go back to your home country
2) The employer should tell you that.  Usually it's passport copies, photographs, pre-employment medical report, degree etc. The degree and birth/marriage certificates need to be attested.  Not sure what the procedure is nowadays but when I was moving from UAE; my office people got the attestation done from the Bahrain Embassy in UAE and I didn't need to send these back to Pakistan
3) I think you should be able to process it from Saudia.  We moved some employees from Saudi to Bahrain and they didn't need to go back to Pakistan
4) Depends on the validity of GAMCA test.  I believe it is valid for a limited time period.  If that has passed then it's not applicable
5) You can convert your Saudi license to a Bahrain one.  I don't know about the need for any clearance form - but that may be a Saudi specific requirement. I converted my UAE one without any additional documentation

XTang wrote:

1) Actually no.  You will send them your documents i.e. passport copies, pre-employment medical etc and THEN they will send the evisa.  As far as I know, for Bahrain (based on my experiences on moving from UAE), medical done in any reputable hospital in GCC qualifies and you don't have to go back to your home country
2) The employer should tell you that.  Usually it's passport copies, photographs, pre-employment medical report, degree etc. The degree and birth/marriage certificates need to be attested.  Not sure what the procedure is nowadays but when I was moving from UAE; my office people got the attestation done from the Bahrain Embassy in UAE and I didn't need to send these back to Pakistan
3) I think you should be able to process it from Saudia.  We moved some employees from Saudi to Bahrain and they didn't need to go back to Pakistan
4) Depends on the validity of GAMCA test.  I believe it is valid for a limited time period.  If that has passed then it's not applicable
5) You can convert your Saudi license to a Bahrain one.  I don't know about the need for any clearance form - but that may be a Saudi specific requirement. I converted my UAE one without any additional documentation

Thank you so much for the response. Can i have your number please ? please send me your contact number in personal message i will call you.

Regarding point number 3, when my company in Saudi Arabia will give me final exit, wont they send me back to Pakistan ? Also, i do not want my current employer would get to know that i got job in Bahrain. Its typical Seth culture company, if they would get to know that i am leaving this company because i got another job, they are going to create problems for me. I have seen your profile you had been to Saudia as well. Any suggestions as per your experience ?

As far as final exit is concerned, the Saudi employer would want you to leave Saudi and get on a plane out.  It shouldn't matter to them which route you take to leave Saudi.

You can always say that you are going to fly to Pakistan via Bahrain and want to take off / spend few days there.

XTang wrote:

As far as final exit is concerned, the Saudi employer would want you to leave Saudi and get on a plane out.  It shouldn't matter to them which route you take to leave Saudi.

You can always say that you are going to fly to Pakistan via Bahrain and want to take off / spend few days there.

Please guide me, if i would tell me potential employer in Bahrain that i will process my visa from saudi arabia. could they ask my saudi Aqama and could they contact my employer in Saudi Arabia ?

They will ask for a Saudi Iqama but won't contact your Saudi employer.  They may contact after you have joined for a reference check.

XTang wrote:

They will ask for a Saudi Iqama but won't contact your Saudi employer.  They may contact after you have joined for a reference check.

XTang: could you please guide me, according to you what i should do, should i process my visa from Saudi Arabia or should i go back to Pakistan ?

If i would apply through Saudia, they will stamp my visa application more smoothly as compared to if i apply from pakistan ? is that the case ?

XTang: In case of Bahrain, if employer gives you job offer, so one can give resign to current employer on the basis of job offer ? In saudi Arabia its a norm that when new employer give you visa then you give resignation to your current employer. So in case of Bahrain, Job offer is good enough ?

Yo  :)
let me make things easy for you .
1) Bahrain employer needs from you
Medical report from any KSA hospital, passport first page , iqama scan , signed contract.
enough for work-permit  .

no need to inform your KSA employer and no need to go back to Pakistan.

Yes you can convert your KSA driving licence after paying 20BHD .

Hello

The procedure for visa is very  convenient and easier compared to any other GCC.
Employer applies online and visa appears for you to travel, paper  copy will be sent.
Driving license is easily transferable of any GCC and other  European and USA

Regards

Moosa

Thanks for the valuable information bro, i also have the same query but this info helps to sort it out a lot.I am presently working in Saudi Arabia as an engineer, recently have been offered by one of Bahrain's company.they have sent me an offer and told me to do medical test from one of the IMRA approved medical center. i am still having some points to clear which are mentioned below.

1. As i am from India will i need to go back to India to get that medical done????
2.will i i need to get attested my degree from Bahrain Embassy before getting the E-visa, If so, can i do it in Bahrain Embassy office in Saudi Arabia , and which documents i have to require to apply for degree attestation??
3. will i need to attested my birth certificate also from the Bahrain/Indian embassy??
4. which documents i required to convert my Saudi Driving License to Bahrain one and can i do this without informing my Saudi employer to whom i am going to resign.

can i have your contact number brother ??

Thanks-
Regards- Sarfaraz Ahmed

First of all, please stop posting on multiple threads and secondly, read what is written above.  Most of your questions have already been answered.

1) No any registered hospital in Saudi would work.  It does work for UAE that way and Saudi should be no different
2) For work visa, they ask for attested degrees depending on profession.  If it is an Indian degree, it will need to be attested by Bahrain Embassy in India.  You can try to get it done in the Bahrain Embassy in Saudi but it may or may not work.  I got my Pakistan degree attested in Bahrain Embassy in UAE when I was resident there and before moving but it required effort as it is not standard process
3) Not your birth certificate; only kids
4) Just the license is needed

Thanks for the info bro, will i need to show any documents to Bahrain embassy for Degree attestation??

Yes you would.  You need to check the requirements from the Embassy directly as these vary country by country.  Usually they need copy of offer, your current passport, residency, Iqama etc.   Remember, they can refuse to do it there and send you to India so try and go through an agent or PRO.