Your new local habits in the USA

Hello everyone,

Living in the USA is a great way to immerse in a new culture and lifestyle.

Have you embraced local customs since you've lived in the USA? If so, which one(s)?

Did local customs change the way you see things, appreciate life or organize your daily routines? As far as the language is concerned, did you learn new expressions or words and do you use them?

What do you like most about the lifestyle in your host country? Are there any local specificities you are still struggling with?

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : off-topic

One of the things I really adopt is how to slow my pace of life way slow and just take things easily. Find time to relax and just enjoy life. One local US culture that I admire is the sacarsms of other people. Their comments are beautifully construct to put others down, so that they can feel a lot better about themselves. Especially when it comes to their own flaws, Americans will take sacarsm to another level, to the point of boiling anger, just to deny any wrongdoing.

I am struggling in US with those medieval British units they are still using. Lol. Americans are so conservative! But in many ways they are very pragmatic so I don't understand why they use inches and ounces not to mention Fahrenheit scale. Those are so impractical and not compatible with the rest of the world!

dr jamal chehade wrote:

there is a bog difference between the people and the administrative aspect in usa.people are like any other countries, there is the good and the bad...the problem lies with the higher up authorities driven by profiteering monopolies who regard foreign as inferior so no matter how advanced your education outside usa maybe be it is still considered as NON-accredited/thus worthless

Priscilla wrote:

Hello everyone,

Living in the USA is a great way to immerse in a new culture and lifestyle.

Have you embraced local customs since you've lived in the USA? If so, which one(s)?

Did local customs change the way you see things, appreciate life or organize your daily routines? As far as the language is concerned, did you learn new expressions or words and do you use them?

What do you like most about the lifestyle in your host country? Are there any local specificities you are still struggling with?

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Thanks for your help.i will be glad to visit USA

I find driving a car or having some form of personal transportation is necessary in most American cities, even in a city like Portland, OR where their public transit system is not bad but it's still a pain to connect office to home or grocery store to home by bus. Thank goodness I found a decent folding electric bike that did not cost me an arm and a leg. (link removed: looks like spam)