Your new local habits in Qatar

Hello everyone,

Living in Qatar is a great way to immerse in a new culture and lifestyle.

Have you embraced local customs since you've lived in Qatar? If so, which one(s)?

Did local customs change the way you see things, appreciate life or organize your daily routines? As far as the language is concerned, did you learn new expressions or words and do you use them?

What do you like most about the lifestyle in your host country? Are there any local specificities you are still struggling with?

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Hi thanks.
I have longer stories about Qatar. Anyway.
Now I am in my country..
Now I want a job. If you have job please contact me. I sand you my details. Thanks again.
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Johirul Haque,

Please note that Priscilla forms part of the Expat.com Team and this topic has been launched so that members can provide their inputs to guide those who are looking forward to expatriate in Qatar.

Concerning work, please refer to the proper section of the website by dropping a free advert : Jobs in Qatar.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

My dears,

I share a small portion of my experiences in Qatar.

It was in 1982,  Bhagawan Kunju, an Indian fisherman from Dubai lost his way and reached Qatari coast. For fever, he was admitted in hospital, but died after 10 days. His wife called from India to send his dead body to see his face for the last time, but could not send him to India due to some technical problems. After keeping the body for more than one month in the mortuary, I was assigned for his burial.

The burial ground was in Dukhan, 100 kilometers away from Doha. I followed the morgue all the distance with Mr. Shemsher Singh, my colleague in Indian Embassy.

Passing by the dry deserts and many sand dunes, we reached eventually in a valley, the non Muslim buriel ground in Dukhan. Very few graves were there, one among them for a Dutch military colonel worked and died in Qatar 100 years back. A large epitaph is there on his grave:

"The pomp of heraldry, the boast of power, await alike the inevitable hour
the paths of glory, leads but to the grave".

As I don't know Hindu rituals, I and Singh tried to collect some desert flowers to spread on his grave.  A human being, born and brought up in India, shared a lot of kisses with his father and mother, lead a pleasant life with his wife and kids, now being buried in a desert land, unattended by his kith and kin. This is human life.

We prayed for his eternal piece. The time was dusk, the  darkness covers the desert, I, Mr. Singh and the morgue driver left the hill side silently.

Its a nice country to earn but not a good for living. living style in terms of money is better than any other asian countries but you cant expect much other than money.