Your new local habits in Laos

Hello everyone,

Living in Laos is a great way to immerse in a new culture and lifestyle.

Have you embraced local customs since you've lived in Laos? If so, which one(s)?

Did local customs change the way you see things, appreciate life or organize your daily routines? As far as the language is concerned, did you learn new expressions or words and do you use them?

What do you like most about the lifestyle in your host country? Are there any local specificities you are still struggling with?

Thanks in advance,

Priscilla

Warm greetings from Laos,

First of all I would like to thank you for giving me an opportunity to answer a very well put question. I admire your curiosity and the interest towards Laos.

Living in Laos for 18 years, I've witnessed and experienced many different customs in Laos. The local people are known for their incredible hospitality. They are very down to earth people with a slight humoristic mind. The other custom that they are very well known to and which I have adapted in my daily life is the way they deal with everyday situations. They are never stressed out or disappointed in with any outcomes. They are also god-fearing and extremely generous people. They always look for opportunities to share, help and improve their community.

The local customs definitely had an impact on my way of living. They changed the way I think and do things in my everyday life. I stay more relaxed than I used too before adapting to the customs. I've picked up the local language pretty fast as it is essential to interact with the locals. I use the language everyday with my employees, friends and even family members.

The lifestyle that I admire the most would be the laid back personality that the general public has. It eases the pressure of any work and thus making it more efficient.

Kind Regards
Habib Mohammed Chowdhury

Very welcomed article. Thank you.