Moving in Riyadh soon

Hello!

Eid Mubarak everyone! I have a job offer in Riyadh and will be moving there soon. I am currently based in Dammam but have visited Riyadh a couple of times. I have a couple of questions some may sound dumb but the more you know right?

Okay so for everyday living:
1. What are the good districts to find a bachelor flat? I'm looking for a 20k SAR per year. I'm looking for a bachelor flat for one and no one to share with. I know that the rule of thumb is to live near the office but my new office is at the city center and most probably rents are sky high.

2. Transporation, I do not have a car and cannot drive yet. I know that Riyadh is extremely traffic. Are there any public modes of transportation in Riyadh aside from cabs and buses? Is the Riyadh metro done (I'm hoping but I am pretty sure it is not) Also, is ride sharing a big thing in Riyadh as well? Are there any companies that offer services that I can call and make an arrangement?

3. Living in Dammam food is extremely inexpensive. I can get by with 150SAR a week. How much is the food in RIyadh?

4.  Entertainment, I have been living in Saudi Arabia for at least 11 months now and I would like to know if there are any libraries, museums, art exhibition spaces and recreational facilities in Riyadh like swimming pools aside from the ones offered by Fitness Time. Also if there is an indoor wall climbing facility in Riyadh that would be nice.

5. Internet connection, I am currently using an STC Wi-Fi and unfortunately the service is horrendous in my area. Are there any similar areas in Riyadh? What are the most recommended ISPs in Riyadh?

Thank you and I'm looking forward to being a city guy again lol.

Hi I can't give you any answers to your questions since alot of the same questions you have I have. Waiting for someone to reply. I will be there this month and looking for friends to make and learn the culture.

Hello Rharris111!

I can probably help you with the general questions about Saudi Arabia if its your first time in the Kingdom.

Cheers!

It will be Patrick. Can I bring a laptop with music on it?

Yes. No need to delete it. If you also use spotify premium its alright the service works despite not being available here.

What are the good districts to find a bachelor flat? I'm looking for a 20k SAR per year. I'm looking for a bachelor flat for one and no one to share with. I know that the rule of thumb is to live near the office but my new office is at the city center and most probably rents are sky high.

MALAZ, EXIT 15/ 16, HARA

Transporation, I do not have a car and cannot drive yet. I know that Riyadh is extremely traffic. Are there any public modes of transportation in Riyadh aside from cabs and buses? Is the Riyadh metro done (I'm hoping but I am pretty sure it is not) Also, is ride sharing a big thing in Riyadh as well? Are there any companies that offer services that I can call and make an arrangement?

NO METRO, CABS ARE COSTLY. RIDE SHARING IS RARE HERE. GET A CAR

Living in Dammam food is extremely inexpensive. I can get by with 150SAR a week. How much is the food in RIyadh?

PRETTY MUCH THE SAME

Entertainment, I have been living in Saudi Arabia for at least 11 months now and I would like to know if there are any libraries, museums, art exhibition spaces and recreational facilities in Riyadh like swimming pools aside from the ones offered by Fitness Time. Also if there is an indoor wall climbing facility in Riyadh that would be nice.

PLENTY IN RIYADH

Internet connection, I am currently using an STC Wi-Fi and unfortunately the service is horrendous in my area. Are there any similar areas in Riyadh? What are the most recommended ISPs in Riyadh?

STC FIBRE OPTIC IS HERE!

Hey there Ali_N!

Thanks for the response. Will look for flats in the district you mentioned and yes I have been thinking of getting a car.

Cheers!

Hey Patrick. I hope you will enjoy R city. I recommend you to check out an app call aqar mab it will helps you a lot.

Ps: I am not sure if it supports English Lang but I think it is easy to use since it is linked with Google maps.

Best regards

Hakoom

Hello Hakoom!

Thanks for the tip. I will ask out how to use it. I look forward to moving in Riyadh.

Cheers!