No QA jobs in Muscat?

Helloo everyone,

I am a Software Tester with 3 + years of experience. I am searching for a job in this field since 3 months However I don't find any Software company offering job for this position. Though there are development jobs (also few in no.) But not even a single testing job. Do they outsource their projects for testing? Please help me in finding a suitable job or any other course should I do to get a job over here. Any freelance work or work from home will also do.
THANKS.

Hi Hale&hearty,

Firstly, you must be aware that jobs for women are highly restricted and controlled. And freelancing is considered an illegal activity !

Secondly, Oman is a very nascent market for anything to do with software - building, development, testing, marketing, etc.

Only a handful of companies are into this. You can actually count them with your fingers.

Identify those few companies and try and meet them in person. Perhaps they can take you for some other suitable position given your industry background and experience, even if there are no such testing jobs available.

Please read through the numerous discussions in the forum on the subject of 'employment opportunities for women' and you will get a fair idea of what to expect.