Employment Pass Rejection

Hi Beppi,

My EP got rejected and the remarks is "adverse record". Do you know what should we do for such case.

"Adverse records" means you have a black mark in your file at MoM, which prevents you from getting a work visa.
This can be a previous immigration or customs problem, a criminal act, falsified documents in your application or similar. Does any of these apply to you?
If it does, you are banned for a certain time (usually years). In this case, you can only ask MoM how long the ban will last, and apply for a new EP after that.
If it doesn't, your employer should contact MoM and ask for the reason. You can then try to prove that it is untrue and should be removed from your records.

Hi Priya,

Sad to hear about this.  Do let us know what procedure you follow.

How long did it take to get the rejection reason for your application ? i.e when was your application submitted & when did you get to know it was rejected.

I tried to call MOM and they were not revealing the reason for rejection and even my employee tried to do the same . Now my employer has again appealed .

What should I do next ?

Can I go and speak to MOM officers directly ?

Hi Niru,
After they submitted my application it got rejected within 3 days .i tried to call MOM and employer also tried to call MOM but they are not telling the reason . Now my employer has appealed again . It will take 3 weeks time to get the appealed results .

Adverse news is something related to any actions or activities which is considered as crime or an offense to commit, then any information which had declared in application either false or wrongly mentioned. When you said that MoM had rejected your application within 3 days of your submission then it appears to me that they must have strong evidence (may be through third party verification or response received from various sources).

You need to revisit your documents and declaration and see which portion you feel is incorrect or wrongly mentioned. (e.g. If you indicate tick mark yes, where it asks whether you were barred to enter to Singapore or any other country.)

MoM doesn't have obligation to reply you or declare you the reason behind the rejection. It has rights to tell or not to tell depends on case by case.

If they are not responding to your query or your employer's query then you can appeal to reconsider your case but before that you should thoroughly check and find out if anything had mentioned  earlier was incorrect.

Appealing without investigating at your end, may give you same result.

My best wishes to you. Good luck.

priya2304 wrote:

I tried to call MOM and they were not revealing the reason for rejection and even my employee tried to do the same . Now my employer has again appealed .

What should I do next ?

Can I go and speak to MOM officers directly ?

My sympathies towards you.

You can go to MOM directly but you would not be entertained. MOM doesn't have the obligation to tell you the reason. You may have to find out via your employer or requesting MOM (which you can try with little results)

Also as "surya2k" mentioned, please don't appeal to MOM without
1) finding the actual reason for reason
2) providing the information needed to rectify it.

If you go without these 2 points addressed, MOM will not consider your appeal. Best of luck in your appeal process

Hi,

I am in a similar position to Priya. My application was recently rejected without stating the reason, and my employer is trying to file an appeal with more supporting documents. We are trying to find out why my previous application was rejected.

The thing is, according to the MOM website, an appeal would take at least 3 weeks to be processed. So during this time does it mean my hands are tied and I can't apply to any other companies ?

Thank you.

alex423 wrote:

The thing is, according to the MOM website, an appeal would take at least 3 weeks to be processed. So during this time does it mean my hands are tied and I can't apply to any other companies ?

You can always apply for jobs at any company, but if you get another job offer, the new employer cannot apply for an EP before your current appeal is withdrawn or rejected.

Alex: certainly not, that you will seat ideally, but don't do anything wrong either. So, before you do things, know it correctly.

- you may apply for jobs and go for an interview but inform the employer that your appeal is pending at MoM. So, please apply after 2 weeks or 3 weeks depends on you got confirmation that your appeal rejected as well.

- during this time, do the assessment on your submission of documents earlier and find out what could be the reason for rejection of your pass.

- don't apply pass at same time from two different employers.

- don't appeal your case at MoM without reviewing your documents or earlier pass assessment.
MoM is looking every possible angle to reject passes due large scale of local unemployment in manufacturing, export industry and food & beverages industry. Lots of hue and cry is going on in media and social sites.

All the best.