English speaking dentists in HCMC?

can any one recommend a dentist in HCMc who speaks good English?

I have a friend in Phu My Hung, Nha Khoa Lan Anh Dentistry. Just ask for Dr. Nho Rang Khong Dau.

and he speaks good English yes

Afaik he went to NYU. You can see his credentials as you walk inside the office.

Westcoast Dental in D1, but they aren't cheap by VN standards.

I know a very good dentist and she speaks English well. She is in Q5, D5, Ward 25, Dien Bien Phu, Binh Thanh.

Hello all :cheers:

Please could you recommend english speaking dentists in our business directory :

> Dentists in Ho Chi Minh City

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi Kenjee, when I started this topic I first typed Dentist into the search bar and no results were found, I know the subject has been raised before, and in the past by doing what I did, links came up thus avoiding unnecessary chatter, can you find what changed with the new forum name that stopped that function, Mark

MarkinNam wrote:

Hi Kenjee, when I started this topic I first typed Dentist into the search bar and no results were found, I know the subject has been raised before, and in the past by doing what I did, links came up thus avoiding unnecessary chatter, can you find what changed with the new forum name that stopped that function, Mark

Hello MarkinNam! :cheers:

I just tried to type dentist in the search box on top of your screen (click on the finder) and got several results.

Maybe you could try again?  :/

Kenjee
Expat.com

Dental Clinic Vietphap
Doctor Anne Nguyen
153 Rue, Nguyen Van Thu, District 1, HCMC
Tel: 84903876030

She speaks good English and they do dentures as well. Hope this helps you. Her business card would indicate that she speaks French as well. My Viet wife has had work done there before and I am going in today for new dentures.

hi Kenjee, you mean the magnifying glass, yes? I clicked on it, it opens with a window I type "dentist" click on the glass symbol again and nothing happens, I have windows 10

Their is a Japanese dental clinic in TP HCM that is good. The dental clinic at Phap Viet or the Franco/Vietnamese hospital is also good.

Thanks to all for the feed back( hehe) I'm staying in dist 7 and was referred by my hostess to bênh rang ham mát  at 263-265 tràn hung dao phương co gai, quan 1 phone number 0967951010, it was amazing,so much care and concern for any pain many X-rays were taken to ensure acuracy of the root canal and the colour match /appearance detail was far superior to back home. I had 2 crowns done in the front of my mouth both are of the mid range regarding quality and it cost 7.3 million  dong- about $365 Aud and she included 2 rear fillings. Apono dental at the other end of town started  at 8 mill and each time he looked in my mouth the price wet up finally reaching 24 mill( now that's what I call a reverse auction hehehe)

Good to see you are sorted with your choppers.

Hi.
Sorry, I know this is an old topic!
I recently chipped a tooth on some food ( muesli believe it or not!) and have extreme pain and sensitivity.
I'm in HCMC D1 and am looking for a trustworthy English dentist. Is bênh rang ham mát  at 263-265 tràn hung dao phương co gai, quan 1 a good one?
Advice on opening times etc also appreciated:)

Depending on how much you value your mouth and how much risk you want to take.  When nothing bad or no drama happened then the cheaper route seemed to be smart move.

I personally went to Westcoast dental clinic in D1, and still going.  Higher than your average clinics but my personal dentist is from Canada and studied abroad before settling down in vn several years ago.  So communication was not an issue.  I believe they have office in d2 also.

Very responsive in following up email inquiries or questions.

Brilliant. Thank you so much. I just booked up for tomorrow

Janpaul wrote:

Hi.
Sorry, I know this is an old topic!
I recently chipped a tooth on some food ( muesli believe it or not!) and have extreme pain and sensitivity.

I think I have you beat.  I chipped a tooth on a banana seed.  I had read that fertile seeds very rarely appear but what are the odds that I would break a tooth on the first one I ever encountered in my life?  Of course the tooth was likely cracked already.  I did a resulting root canal in a clinic right down the street that was recommended by a Viet Kieu who worked at my school and was well aware of US dentistry standards.  The woman who did the work spoke halting but sufficient English.  Back in Hawaii, my dentist gave his opinion that it was good work.  He said his opinion based on indirect experience of looking in Vietnamese mouths is that preventive dentistry in Vietnam is poor but that dentists are technically proficient.