South African can living in UK looking to move to Mauritius

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so apologies if some of this has been discussed before. I have tried to search and came with bits and pieces but still unsure on a few things.

I'm an Architect living in London with a South African and British passport. I'm married with one little boy of 9 weeks old. We are looking to move to Mauritius some time next year and I'm trying to find out as much information as possible.

I have looked at the BOI (Board of investment) website and seen the different visa's that are available to live and work in Mauritius, the one I'm currently exploring is the 'Occupation permit for Professionals'. Whilst BOI outlines that this can be done I have various other questions such as:
- If I'm able to get the permit, is my wife eligible to work? She is also an Architect
- Can my wife start her own business either as self employed or something like a coffee shop or interior design company?
- If the answers to the above are no, could she also apply for a occupation permit?

Further to the above, does anyone know of any architectural or developer recruitment companies?
I have extensive experience in 'High end residential', both in South Africa and UK.

I would also be willing to look into the business opportunities in Mauritius outlined under the BOI, However, it just seems to highlight the sectors where investment can be made but does not spell out if I can invest with an existing business and whether this will grant me an occupation permit?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Steve

Hi Steve,

I don't know much about the intricacies of permits etc but look up NoCoffee Architects in Mauritius. Eric Chavoix is the owner and I know that they often look to employ architects from around the world. If they have no openings they may be able to point you in the right direction at least.

Good luck with your move!

Kind regards

Jaymie,

Thank you for the information. Much appreciated.

Regards