Investment

for investment purpose, were can buy a lot close to the beach

First of all, you don't come to a third world country talking about INVESTMENT... SERIOUSLY?

these people live hand to mouth here. If you don't want to leave here with a bitter taste in your mouth you might want to keep your money in the bank and try enjoying the beach. Now relax and look up and down the beach.... Do you see anyone? EXACTLY.

THEY DON'T FLOCK TO THE BEACHES HERE LIKE THEY DO IN THE WEST...

I have done very well buying up cheap properties along the beach and in the mountains and even farm land from foreigners like you who have these braindid ideas of getting rich or investment ventures. If a Pinoy open a business it's to feed his family and pay his bills. He's not going to save money or invest long term into it.... it's money now mentality and darn tomorrow. I'm in the North and all long the beaches are big houses with a sign calling themselves a resorts or bed and breakfast. They may make 50 k a year... most customers are Men who are cheating on their wives. So can that idea really quick. The best way to make money here is to let your check go to the bank and collect the interest off of what you don't spend.

Look around again and notice all the unfinished houses. Most were started by persons like you who once had a dream... Now they are stuck and hoping someone can come along and buy their mistake so that they can beak away with half their losses.

I have seven kids and I am building them all nice vacation homes. I find an unfinished house and lot. I contact the owner (usually a foreigner) I make an offer then I buy. I HIRE someone to finish building it and I walk away laughing.  My latest was 600k for a 2,000sq/m lot with unfinished house...a two bedroom I turned into a 4br. Construction cost to me 400k...

So go ahead and buy that beach front... keep my contact info... I'm looking to hear from you in a couple of years....lol

^
Not subtle, but a great warning.  :D

Hi there- just curious where do you find unfinished (beach) properties in the Philippines? is it through bank, websites, realtors, referrals? My sister would love to purchase beach home property and turn it to vacation home/rental property. She is planning to flip homes under 500k. She is an interior designer and her husband is handyman. They would like to buy couple properties fix it then sell it eventually under 1M.

"The best way to make money here is to let your check go to the bank and collect the interest off of what you don't spend".

I wonder how much money do you need to bank to collect interest to live?

Good point, and much clever!  :o

Ahahahhahahha, for sure he is not talking on savings and time deposit in Ph, which is far below than inflation rate of 5%.

"""I wonder how much money do you need to bank to collect interest to live?"

hahahhahahha, for sure he is not talking on savings and time deposit in Ph, which is far below than inflation rate of 5%."""

Guys that was me being facetious. My point is that you stand to make more money from your $1000 dollars in savings than a $10,000 dollars investment scheme. So enjoy what you have and stop trying to capture rainbows in the desert.

Dimples, are you serious? Just drive into areas that interest you. You will see them all over the place. Empty shells of houses started but not finished. Many have weeds and small trees growing up around them. Your sister would do well either flipping them or advertising them as vacation rentals. It's just advertising to Western market is where she might have a problem. Sounds like a good idea... please go it alone do not employ locals they will try and rip you off because they want as much commission as possible. If you see something of interest then go to City Hall and ask for owner information...then simply contact the owner. Most likely they are Abroad and are desperate to offload it. Why else would someone start it and not finish? I wish her all the luck...by the way, if she's not here and you see something she might like then video it for her... I do that for my Son and Daughter In law. She's Pinay and they live in Hawaii. So I video for them properties that way it gives them a better idea.

We have been looking on OXL for properties but they're overpriced. I may end up going there like you said take photos and videos for her to see.

My plan is to retire before 40 and enjoy life back home. Our kids education is already put away along with savings, business and emergency money. All I want is something to keep us busy and hopefully make a little money for daily living. I will be helping my sister financially to flip homes and sell/rent eventually. I will be looking in Cavite, Batangas or maybe even Cebu.

I find you very knowledgable, may I ask what areas/cities you think is best to flip/rent homes?

Thanks a mil sirrobcentral!