Presentation of members in Nha Trang

Hello dear Members, Welcome on Expat.com

We launched this discussion so that members living in Nha Trang present themselves while hoping this will help you to widen your social network.

Are you living in Nha Trang since sometime or have you just arrived? What brought you to Nha Trang? What is your passion in term of hobbies, likes and dislikes?

Thanking you in advance for your participation!

See you soon on Expat.com!

OK.... let us see if this forum will grow......... Any others?

Owee

Nha Trang is my favorite city in VN.  Has just about everything you need, culture, great food, beautiful beaches, and very nice people.  It's a small city and a large city rolled into one.

Good morning ,

i arrived in vietnam (HCM )  since 5 days and i plane to go after in Nha trang , i want to stay there 10 days to see how is the life overthere .
the reason of this visit.....i want to come in vietnam with my vietnamese wife and we want to find a nice place to stay .
for you info , i am french .
thank you for your reply (if any ) .
have a good day and happy new year to all of you .
Pierrick .

Hello everyone, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your presentation.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :)

-------------------------------------
Hi Pierrick > Concerning the accommodation search, you may post an advert under Nha Trang classifieds > accommodation section and i would suggest you to start a new topic with title "where to find a nice place in Nha Trang" on the Nha Trang forum.

Thank you and good luck :)
Christine

Hi Christine and all members

I am new in Nha Trang, coming here from California 3 months ago.
I decide to retire here for a long time, because I am billigual English-Vietnamese.
I am glad to join this forum, and willing to offer help.
I think this city is very unique, however, it needs a lot of clean-ups. The beach is nice but trash are everywhere, even in the ocean.
Very nice and helpful to have a social club like this for tourists like us. We need a hang out place that does not look like a bar, and does not rip off our pockets. Tourists have been treated like milk cows here in Vietnam; the local charges you ridiculous prices. Very often, tourists come to Nha Trang getting too stressful because we are stranded and our expectations are not realistic. A lot coming back home disappointed.

Please keep me posted on events in Nha Trang.

Remember, I speak both English and Vietnamese fluently. Any thing I can do ?

Good Luck,
John Ho

Hi,
I'm Nhatrang local. Doing Marketing job in Sasigon.  Would love to join this club !

I am an American but my fiance lives in Nha Trang.  We have been together for 3-1/2 years.  We are trying to get a visa for her to come to the U.S. but it is very difficult.  I visit Nha Trang 2 times a year for 2 weeks and I really like the city.  I will retire in a few years and live in Nha Trang for part of the year.  It is a very beautiful city with very nice people.  We have talked about starting a business when I retire but not sure what.  I see much talk on Ho Chi Minh City but would like to hear more about Nha Trang.

PS: Hi Owen.  Hanh and I stopped in to see you last March.

It certainly helps to live outside Nha Trang city where the costs are lower and you are not subjected to "tourist rates". I enjoy Cam Ranh town 35 km south of Nha Trang. Presently I am in the US again but anxious to get back home to Cam Ranh. Whenever I want to see Nha Trang, it is only a short distance away. I hope soon to spend some extended time around Cam Ranh as I quite enjoy the slower pace of life and interaction with the locals. I do find that few if any Intl tourists even think of Cam Ranh. It seems city life in Nha Trang is the thing to do for most visitors but they sure miss the quieter life outside the city. Go on down to Cam Ranh and check the area out. Unless you like crowded streets and places in the city, you miss out by not looking outside the city.

Hi dongbathin and thank you for your contribution. ;)

Harmonie.:)