Tefl course in turkey

Hello dear friends

Do you have any idea about tefl in turkey (teaching english as a foreing language)?could you please give me answers to the following questions:

-Is there a choice of language centers that give this course?
-Can non native english speakers pursue it?
-Will it be really useful to find a teaching job?I read on many forums that schools in turkey hire only native speakers tefl/tesol teachers, I'm not sure wither it's true.

The following is a list of some institutes that offer TEFL in Istanbul
ITTI
International TEFL Academy
Language Corps
EuroLingua Institute
Via Lingua
Study Celta

It would be helpful in pursuing a teaching job, but bear in mind that only a TEFL certification is not enough. Other educational degrees and also your own excellence at the language is also required. Also keep in mind that due to the number of native language speakers, it would be a tough competition for a non native speaker to find a job.Its best to apply beforehand and move if you are actually offered a job with working contract.

Good luck.
Z

Thank you so much Xeeschan
I ve got my BA degree in English Studies+teaching experience and I don't have serious problems at level of English,just like any language graduated who s not native.If I apply before moving to turkey it will be without tefl which is not :top:
Is Arabic taught in some schools or just at language centers? If I apply for both languages  it may increases my chances...otherwise :(:sosad: I ll try to find another way to live and work there and keep seeking a teaching position at the same time

Hello raydan.
İ am reading your post and I guess I explained you before about it. You must get teaching English or other language certificate if you want move to other country for work. What kind of bachelor you have or you are teacher already but it dosent matter because your degree enough like that only in your country. You can not work only with teacher  bachelor in turkey. You must get international teaching certificate ( TOEFL .etc.) otherwise you can not work. Also it is not easy to live in turkey. Do you have enough budget  to cover  yourslef  without work.  You must get rezidans permit visa to live and stay here for 1 year. But you can not work with this visa if you like to work yoj must get also work visa and you must find job to prove and show work contract where you work.  So so so.
If you have more more questions don't hesitate to contact me

Hello Lonelyboy
Yes I got your point.thank you so much :)

it is better to take it in your country in British council they give CELTA.Then apply for jobs but to get hired you must know Turkish well.

Thank you
Yes Turkish is the issue.
I didn't find any turkish classes here in my country but I started learning online.

You can learn Turkish in Istanbul university last year it was 500 lira per month for each month then for 9 months you must have a certificate after learning all levels.

Yes, I understand your point. Applying with TEFL, you have that part covered.

About Arabic, I doubt it is in that high demand. In schools, I dont think so. Perhaps in institutes. But it's a plus point if you could find online any schools/institutes that are looking for Arabic teachers.

Good luck

rayhan777 wrote:

Thank you so much Xeeschan
I ve got my BA degree in English Studies+teaching experience and I don't have serious problems at level of English,just like any language graduated who s not native.If I apply before moving to turkey it will be without tefl which is not :top:
Is Arabic taught in some schools or just at language centers? If I apply for both languages  it may increases my chances...otherwise :(:sosad: I ll try to find another way to live and work there and keep seeking a teaching position at the same time

Hello rayhan
Yes if you have a chance you can get teaching certificate  (EFTL,  TOEFL etc.) From CELTA from your country. Or you can get in turkey dosent matter because it is international.  Also yes you must learn speak Turkish but it is not for work . It will be only for live and stay turkey to manage your life here. When you apply job as a teacher they know already you are from other country. Don't worry about Turkish language course you can learn when you start Turkish class. Also I can teach you 😃😃😃😃

Thank you so much guys

Teşkkürler Lonelyboy :) sounds  :top: idea

International schools hire British or American teachers as they charge students above 30000 lira per year like any top international schools around the world
but since you will teach in Turkish state schools
you must speak Turkish to communicate with students and explain to them
so if you hold a certificate and apply I'm sure things will be easier
I'm an English teacher and this info was given by reliable educational personality in istanbul.
Good luck work hard get your celta
and learn your Turkish side by side and all doors will be open for you

Thank you ;)
Yes I'll work hard