Expand your social circle in the United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone,

Moving to the United Arab Emirates means leaving one's family and friends behind. Creating a circle of friends or joining an existing one should therefore be paramount in order to fight loneliness in your host country.

But how can one develop a social network in the United Arab Emirates? Where and how to meet people there?

How easy is it to meet locals? What about cultural specificities?

Share your advice and experience!

Many thanks in advance,

Priscilla

i sacrifice because of my family.i want to give them a beautiful future.and the people here in abroad?Don't give them your full trust.just be nice of them..😊

Tnx for msg, there are many websites that can help meeting people: internations, expatconnect, meetup etc etc etc

Great, if u have a family, all the more reason to find success in UAE.

Have u made any plans on this matter ?

you will enjoy life here ..... good decision.
in the begining it may take sometime to adjust later you'll forget your home country. :):):):)

Well said....

Worst place to bring your family and yourself. Worst people you will find it in UAE.  Most of them are fake and after money. If the want to live happy run from here. This place is not for the good hearted people.

The rent are extremely expensive, the salaries are very low, no human rights and no freedom of thinking or speech.  Locals and Arabs are people you should not mess with since honesty and good moral are virtues that they do not know at all. Stay far from them if you want to have a happy life and a good running business.
Indians are ok to socialize with and most of them are trustworthy.
Philipinas are ok too. Pakistanis are not to be trusted either but better then Arabs and locals.
In few words. If you are a European socialize only with your race and you will be safe. Work few years in uae and then just run away with one way ticket from there.
The worst place to be is uae.

Well said, i'm here since 13 years. The only interest in Dubai is to make money. Who comes here for 50 degrees heat, desert, camels ?

Everything here is artificial, it is a desert.

u should come here with a plan to become successful, and avoid local people.

Meet westerners, Indians, Filipinos.

Trust me on this, take care, best regards.

you're right😊

Tnxxxx.......

blusky2015 wrote:

Worst place to bring your family and yourself. Worst people you will find it in UAE.  Most of them are fake and after money. If the want to live happy run from here. This place is not for the good hearted people.

The rent are extremely expensive, the salaries are very low, no human rights and no freedom of thinking or speech.  Locals and Arabs are people you should not mess with since honesty and good moral are virtues that they do not know at all. Stay far from them if you want to have a happy life and a good running business.
Indians are ok to socialize with and most of them are trustworthy.
Philipinas are ok too. Pakistanis are not to be trusted either but better then Arabs and locals.
In few words. If you are a European socialize only with your race and you will be safe. Work few years in uae and then just run away with one way ticket from there.
The worst place to be is uae.

I subscribe.

You are 100% correct, even I got cheated for 25000 dhiram by UAE guys.

Omg , that's really tough and racist.
Generalisation means simply that you are unfair and unlogic. You can't accuse a whole race/ethnicity/people of some bad behaviour/characters. Good and bad people are everywhere.
If you pick up the wrong guys, or you see just the flaws in people,  this is your problem, and you should work on that.
If they are demons like you say,  why would millions of people from all nationalities/ethnicities/backgrounds  (including your supreme European ethnicity)bother to stay in UAE, sometimes for lifelong?

True, many locals are great....

Amado radiology
I did not generalise.  Of course not all are bad but 90% of them are people who lack morals and honesty. I am sorry to say but 99% of people living and working in UAE have had very bad experience with Egyptian,Lebanese,sirians and locals. When I mean bad experience I mean that have been cheated and lied to by the group of the people I mentioned above. If saying the truth means I am racist then this is not my fault. I lived 10 years in UAE and I met hundreds of them due to my work. I did not pick them. I had no choice because I had to work with them. I live now in Germany.  Very big difference. Arabs and locals don't have work disipline.  Do not respect the time.  They lack honesty and integrity. Egyptian and Lebanese are the worst one to work with. They will tend to rip you off and they lack badly honesty and integrity. They think they are very clever people and the rest are very stupid. In fact is vice versa. All we know who Egyptians and Lebanese people are. A bunch of thieves,liers and low life people.  Not all of them but majority of them.
The truth and only the truth.

Tnx u for telling what u feel.

Hi, Yes you are right,

but out of country and living abroad if we have good friends also so that we can stay more comfortable and easy, and we should also seek a person with whom we can share the things and stay happily. Hope we will meet someone special here. :)

blusky2015 wrote:

Amado radiology
I did not generalise.  Of course not all are bad but 90% of them are people who lack morals and honesty. I am sorry to say but 99% of people living and working in UAE have had very bad experience with Egyptian,Lebanese,sirians and locals. When I mean bad experience I mean that have been cheated and lied to by the group of the people I mentioned above. If saying the truth means I am racist then this is not my fault. I lived 10 years in UAE and I met hundreds of them due to my work. I did not pick them. I had no choice because I had to work with them. I live now in Germany.  Very big difference. Arabs and locals don't have work disipline.  Do not respect the time.  They lack honesty and integrity. Egyptian and Lebanese are the worst one to work with. They will tend to rip you off and they lack badly honesty and integrity. They think they are very clever people and the rest are very stupid. In fact is vice versa. All we know who Egyptians and Lebanese people are. A bunch of thieves,liers and low life people.  Not all of them but majority of them.
The truth and only the truth.

Blusky 2015
I appreciate your suffering with this kind of people. I wish you good luck with better people whoever and wherever they are. I also wish if you meet good people from the same nationalities you mentioned, to probably compensate your suffering and bitterness. Believe me, there are very genuine, sincere,honest and possibly simple but great people everywhere, not many though, I agree with that.
Good luck.
Take care 😃🌷🌹🌺

Tnnnnnnnnnx so much for saying it friend..........

Hi, Daisy!

I am an American expat here for 7 years now, and I totally agree with all of your post...I am here alone to sacrifice and to give my kids a college education, and I absolutely agree with your words about trusting people here. Good luck with work and your life, and I am proud of you for wanting to make your kids' future better!   :):one:top:

Good luck in UAE ! I used to live in USA, so it's a special place for me.

Take care.

Hello! You have a very nice article. I was about to ask the same question. I'm Than from the Philippines and have plans in going to UAE. This will be a big help.

Many thanks!!!

Hello everyone!!!

hello everyone........