Presentation of members in Montevideo.

Welcome on Expat-blog! :)

We launched this discussion so that members living in Montevideo present themselves and hoping this will help you to widen your social network.

Are you living here since sometime or did you just arrive?
What brought you to Montevideo? What is your passion in term of hobbies, likes and dislikes?

Thanks for your presentation and see you soon on Expat.com!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Expat.com team
Share your expat experience!

Hola.   Bob Frederick,  from Louisville, Kentucky, USA.   I'll be arriving in Montevideo on 30 December, renting an apartment in the Ciudad Vieja.  Not a full-timer  (yet), but I'll be in-country for three months.  I just finished three months in B.A. 

I'm a retired pilot, 20 years in USAF, 22 years with UPS.

Separated  for a year and a half....permanent, but due to finances, we don't want to divorce. 

I try to run at least 5 days a week, looking forward to running the rambla.  I'm also looking for a cheap basic bike, to get a little further away.  I read constantly, love boats, many genres of music' good food, wine, and real beer  (not Bud, Bud Light, etc).

I'm reasonably fluent in Castellano, but most of the Porteños speak faster than I can listen.  Probably true in Uruguay also, but I'll survive.

I'd like to meet some people...both expats and locals.  Who knows, perhaps I WILL be a full-timer.

Hi Bob Frederick, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your presentation.

I'm sure you will get some nice contacts on the site. ;)
Do not hesitate to come and share your expat experience with us, when you will be in Montevideo.

I wish you good luck
:)
Christine

Hello there, name is Philippe, living for already 3 years here in Montevideo...Experienced good and bad things about living here, as in any places...
Feel free to ask about Montevideo and Uruguay...

Cheers

Hi Philippe, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

Thank you for your presentation and for offering you help to members here. :)

Hola, My name is Jennifer,

I am from California, lived in London for 4 years, and am now living in Montevideo.

I am here with my long term boyfriend who is Uruguayan, and a musician.

I am working with a small fashion design company, as well as doing my own line of recycled clothing. I also am an avid polaroid photographer, and working on may projects with bands, and fashion shoots.

I hope to meet some other artistic expats soon :)

Besos

Welcome on board Besos ;)

Hi!
I am an Uruguayan who lived 7 years in Ireland and has now returned to my native land.
I am able to help with any questions you may have about this small great country
best wishes
Mikael

Hello everyone,

My name is Eduardo. I am Uruguayan and have a real estate company.
I have dealt with a lot of expatriates who found a home in Uruguay. I am still in contact with many of them who I met as clients and later became my friends.

I would like to contribute every way I can so you feel welcome in Uruguay.

[Moderated]

Have a nice day :)

ola soy uruguayo vivo en sydney desde 1970 enjeniero constrctor naval alta precion resintemente retirado y me regreso definitibamente a montevideo y me gustaria contactarme con la jente aficinada o profecional en todo lo relacionado con el deporte i construcion naval sin ningun tipo de lucro , mi deceo es relacionarme en este amviente disfrutar de el i aportar mis
conosimientos tecnicos de 45 anos  att  juan carlos

[Moderated: Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. You can register your company in the Business directory]