6 adults, three children and a cat called Tina.

Hello to you all,

Firstly, as a newbie I hope that I am posting this introduction in the correct place :)

We are a large family (made up of three generations) currently living in a small town on the south coast of the U.K. But our plan is to move to Spain in September of next year.

We are still in the very early stages of trying to choose where exactly in Spain to move to, but so far southern Spain seems to meet most peoples needs and wishes (Tina is easy going and happy to go along with the majority vote)

I look forward to getting to know others who have or are planning to move from GB to Spain. Sarah :)

Hello, Sarah! 

Welcome.  :)

This is a great site with lots of different areas to get lots of different perspectives, points of view, and to share experiences.

An open mind. a liberal dash of common sense, and a large dollop of a sense of humor will make this resource very informational;  I am sure you will be extremely pleased by all the great folks who share.

Best of luck to you!

Michele :D

Sarah WR wrote:

Hello to you all,

Firstly, as a newbie I hope that I am posting this introduction in the correct place :)

We are a large family (made up of three generations) currently living in a small town on the south coast of the U.K. But our plan is to move to Spain in September of next year.

We are still in the very early stages of trying to choose where exactly in Spain to move to, but so far southern Spain seems to meet most peoples needs and wishes (Tina is easy going and happy to go along with the majority vote)

I look forward to getting to know others who have or are planning to move from GB to Spain. Sarah :)

Hi Sarah.  Good luck with the move.  My wife and I are going to rent long term in Alicante area as I retire in June.  We have been holidaying many times in this area (especially Villamartin) and love it.  We are trying to learn a bit of Spanish although my brother who lives in Bedford teaches Spanish so will help out there.  Anyway good luck and I hope it works out.  Patrick from Northern Ireland

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Thanks for your lovely introduction and I am sure that the members are more than willing to help and guide you trough all the steps of the emigration.
Do you have specific questions?

Though we are americans and cover much about obtaining a resident visa, you won't need that info coming from UK.  That said we have plenty to help you with your move Here   You may also want to check out Move to Malaga or Move to Granada sites, if interested in Costa del Sol or Costa Tropical.  ;-)  It should be fun!

Good luck with the move. I'm glad to see the cat gets to come. I brought Mary though, to be honest, she never took to the summer weather!

I know we're not supposed to advertise but on the blog part of this site there are several that cover living in Alicante. Mine is one of them.

And get cracking on that Spanish.