Deep Sea Fishing Trip Hoi an

Xin Chao
Anybody interested in a FULL DAY Deep Sea fishing Trip.I have available Boat, Skipper, Fishing Tackle.Bait
The Skipper knows where to fish so we should have a rewarding day
No swimming No sunbathing JUST FISHING.
If we get enough interest will be doing this on a regular basis.
Roy

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : For your security, please send your contact details through your private message system.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Moondancer :cheers:

I invite you to drop an advert in our Events, Activities & Leisures field of our Hoi An classifieds so as to increase your chances to find people interested in this activity you are proposing :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

I had the distinct impression that Moondancer was looking for people to go together with him and spend an enjoyable day together, not promoting a tour.  He clearly is not the boat operator.  Why does this need to be in the classifieds any more than the numerous "lets get together" posts that always pop up here?  What is it with the moderators and the classifieds?  It's not his business so why should he post there?   Also if he did, nobody will see it.

Xin Chao
I have put advert in Activities & Leisures field
Roy

OK Thank you

Don't forget the most important equipment for deep sea fishing.  The liquid refreshments.   :joking:

THIGV wrote:

I had the distinct impression that Moondancer was looking for people to go together with him and spend an enjoyable day together, not promoting a tour.  He clearly is not the boat operator.  Why does this need to be in the classifieds any more than the numerous "lets get together" posts that always pop up here?  What is it with the moderators and the classifieds?  It's not his business so why should he post there?   Also if he did, nobody will see it.

We usually advise professionals and non professionals to post in the classifieds section as it can boost up their chances. :)

Thanks,

Priscilla

Naturally   Tea Coffee Soft drink BEER all on board
Roy

Hi Moondancer. Are you still in Hoi An? Do you still know someone that does Deep Sea fishing trips? Cheers, Baz.

Moondancer wrote:

Xin Chao
Anybody interested in a FULL DAY Deep Sea fishing Trip.I have available Boat, Skipper, Fishing Tackle.Bait
The Skipper knows where to fish so we should have a rewarding day
No swimming No sunbathing JUST FISHING.
If we get enough interest will be doing this on a regular basis.
Roy

Roy, I'm not there yet (looking at September, 2018) but if you still do this from time to time, please add me as a contact and feel free to message me when a new opportunity develops.
Cheers! Gordy

Thank you Roy. How many can the Boat accommodate and what would be the cost per head?

Hi I am living in Hoian have my reels not bought rods here as no fish from beach and deep sea trips seem a rip off for here.  I suppose being a offshore fisherman in Aus most of my life with my own boat, don't want to pay prices I see advertised here, just a fair price and donate excess catches (being a born optimist) to the skipper. I would be  regular customer.
Add me to the list if we can get a party together.
John.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Moondancer,
Are you still organising these fishing trips as I would be interested

Hiya Barry,
         I arrived Hoi An early Sept. and just saw your post. I don'tmind a bit of fishing myself, but only if the weather conditions are good. With winter approaching, they soon won't be, but keep me in mind if a trip ever eventuates.   Bill

Hiya Moondancer,
         I arrived Hoi An early Sept. and just saw your post. I don'tmind a bit of fishing myself, but only if the weather conditions are good. With winter approaching, they soon won't be, but keep me in mind if a trip ever eventuates. I also live in Hoi An.  Bill

Hello. Are you still on line for a deep sea fishing trip in Hoi An?
I will be visiting VN from 22/08 till 20/09.
Rgds. JC

jcvovanhien wrote:

Hello. Are you still on line for a deep sea fishing trip in Hoi An?
I will be visiting VN from 22/08 till 20/09.
Rgds. JC

I hope you can arrange the trip you desire during your visit.

Unfortunately, there is a reason the OP began this thread:

"Deep Sea fishing" or sportsfishing isn't a viable industry off the coast of Danang/Hoi An, at least not to the extent you might have experienced in the Florida Keys or off San Diego or in Baja California.

Take a look at the area using the satellite view in Google maps.

The continental shelf runs out way too far in that area.

Also there are currently territorial disputes continuing between China and Vietnam in the East Vietnam (China) Sea.

IF you somehow get far enough off shore to reach good fishing grounds, you run the serious risk of encountering belligerent military vessels.

Which also helps to explain why the otherwise entrepreneurial Vietnamese people aren't willing to take you where you want to go to do serious fishing.

Many places up and down the coast will offer 'fishing' trips that include swimming plus snorkeling and picnicking on an island or remote beach,

As the OP implied, those trips don't come close to giving you the proper experience you desire.

Your best bet is probably further south, but even then it's not a very well-established industry.

Search on Trip Advisor for "Deep Sea Fishing Chater boats Vietnam".

There is a thread there with a little bit of information.

Good luck!

I am an avid fisherman, and would love to try a charter, but as previously stated, don't bother, the outcome is not what you may be expecting.

Dear Oceanbeach. Thank you so much for your response and valuable advice.
I was fishing at phu quoc last January. We were cruising during 3 days around the island but no fish 🥵. Very disappointed.
I will try again somewhere down south. Maybe con dao in September.
Let's keep in touch.
Rgds. JC

Save you're money.

Hi canman. Money is not the concern. I was fishing with my father out of Vung Tau in the sixties. We took lots of dorados and rock fish.
To day I am looking for a fishing spot where we can enjoy all kind of fishing.
Rgds. JC

I'm sure you caught nice fish in the 60s, that was 60 years ago.
Long gone,
I too am looking for a fishing place, but know what is n store for me, that's why I don't throw money away.
PS: when you find the honey hole, let me know.
Good luck, you'll need it.

What boat operators in Hawaii reputedly do if they are looking at afternoon and no big game fish is to run the boat over a school of aku (skipjack) or kawakawa (???) so that nobody feels cheated.  I expect that plenty of similar catch is available off the coasts of VN if the skipper knows how.   Reputedly the action is rather fast and fun.  Also, don't loose sight of the fact that one of the objectives is a day on the ocean with a full cooler of alcoholic refreshments.

I have guided in Canada, and fish several times a week, I can drink in a bar , and not pay for a boat cruise, I am sure you can have a great time and find fish in Hawaii, but unfortunately, this is not Hawaii.
I have been on the ocean in Asia , it leaves something to be desired, but then again I have been spoiled, so it does nothing for me here.
But for those that have never experienced REAL fishing, than a booze cruise can be a great way to enjoy a day.
Enjoy yourself.

jcvovanhien wrote:

Hi canman. Money is not the concern. I was fishing with my father out of Vung Tau in the sixties. We took lots of dorados and rock fish.
To day I am looking for a fishing spot where we can enjoy all kind of fishing.
Rgds. JC

if money is not a concern, take me, I will supply the beer.
Send me a PM, regards