Becoming a teacher in canada

Hello readers!

Im naomi. Currently living here in ontario, canada as a caregiver. I am a registered nurse in  the philippines. After years of taking care of children, i finally decided that i want to become a teacher. For those who are knowledgeable about becoming a teacher here in canada, can you please explain to me the things that i must go through? Or a piece of advice how to make it easier considering i don't have a teaching experience. Thank you!

Hi Neomi. To become a teacher in Canada you have to first have finished your high school with acceptable marks, and at a level of education according to the Canadian school boards.  That means: If the eighth year of schooling is an acceptable level in your country, you would first have to complete you GEDs in Canada to bring this up to the twelfth or thirteenth level, which is required for entrance to any university in Canada. Then you could apply to a university which has an Educational Degree program and if accepted, begin to get your bachelor degree in education, focusing on becoming a school teacher.... I assume.  It's a lot of work, but a really rewarding profession. I wish you all the best 😊