Living and schooling in Mexico City

Hi

I am moving in Feb to Mexico city to work near to Copilco University (sorry i dont know the area) I need advice on suitable areas to live in that neighbourhood. My employer is paying, so cUS$1,000. Also need British schooling for my kids, aged 7 and 3. Any recommendations greatly appreciated. Also a school that may be near work would be good.
I would appreciate the advice re the areas and wehter good to bring up kids in those neighbourhoods.

I read it may be best to live near the school and commute further. Any comments?

Thanks
Andy J

Welcome to Expat-blog, Andy J :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Mexico City forum for effective networking. Hope you will get some recommendation & answers from members soon.

Best Regards

Not sure where are you moving but Copilco Universidad is south of mexico city. As per the ammount your employer will pay (10,000 US) round a rent about 12-13,000 MXN... a nice place for sure.

Try eton.edu.mx ETON SCHOOL (FAR From south) but a school for foreign kids at all. There are so many others browsing for "mexico city bilingual schools" Good luck to you man.

instituto franco inglés de méxico it's not really close, but no british schools are as far as i know. i would recommend living in colonia roma or la condesa it's far away from copilco, but very close to everything else. you could live there and have your kids in the franco inglés... and you could make a sacrifice and commute to copilco every day. plus that area of the city (especially condesa) is very nice with lots of cafes, bookstores, restaurants, parks and museums.